Chlorine or Salt

From my understanding, a salt pool is a chlorine pool. It's just a matter of how you are getting the chlorine in the water.

If you look at people's pool threads, it will usually tell if they use a Salt water chlorine generator.

I just put straight bleach in mine per TFP pool math guidelines. I'd say it's about half and half here, but most who have generator love them.

Crystal

Curious how many people out there have salt, or chlorine??
There are only three EPA approved sanitizers for pools, chlorine, bromine, & biguanide (Baquacil). Salt is not on that list.

The salt is converted to chlorine gas in the SWG cell, and reverts back to salt after it oxidizes organics, then the process starts again. So a pool with a SWG is a chlorine pool, with salt.

Did you mean Salt water generated Chlorine versus traditional/manual/automated Chlorine feed? Either way, it's a good question. We have lots of owners with SWG, but probably a good number more who add it manually or with some type of automation

I would call it around fifty-fifty.

But, it is a good point that saltwater pools are chlorine pools and all pools have salt in them. The difference is that with saltwater you don't have to haul and add chlorine/bleach on a regular basis. But, you do have to pay for the SWG equipment up front.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.