Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: South Florida Pool Construction Question

1. Back To Top    #1

South Florida Pool Construction Question

Hello,

We are getting ready to finalize the contract to build our first ever pool. One thing the sales manager mentioned is potentially needing a new survey done of the property. Has anyone had to get this done to move forward with their project? They said the survey had to be less than 12 months old in order for the county to issue permits. Our current survey is about 5 years old.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: South Florida Pool Construction Question

Welcome to TFP,

That isn't unusual I dont think. They have to be sure of easements for utilites, rights of way, and all that fun stuff. Sorry to hear it, but if its the worse thing that comes up, it will be a good build.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

+1 what Patrick_B said. I live in Highlands County (FL) and the county requires a "re-survey" for almost any new construction.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Jason, where are you located? I am in Boynton beach and also had about a 5 year old survey. I didn't need to get a new one, but I recall it being discussed as maybe being needed.

Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.