too much filter pressure?

Jul 28, 2015
Belton, TX
Every opening season I have something needing replacement and during that time that the part comes in (with the inevitable multiple delays) the pool gets a nice dark green. :( This year is no exception.

So my new pump came in, I installed it and let it run all night. This morning the pump was still running but the tank was only half full and it was not pushing water through the pump. I backwashed, rinsed, emptied the pump basket and now it's running like it should.

SO ... should I be worried about anything with my system? Would it be that the filter got too full and the pump couldn't match the pressure, so the pump just ran half full for a while? Did I damage my brand new pump?

thank you, in advance, for the help with this.

I'm sorry I can't advise you on the pump issue but....

For future reference, any time your pump is out of commission, just add your liquid chlorine in to the pool and mix it up manually with a broom or something like that. It should help keep algae at bay in the meantime.

Yippee :flower:

It is but when I turn it off I can hear the lines start to fill with air. Sorry, forgot to mention that part. I think I just need to check all the joints for suction loss anyway before the season starts

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

If the pump is off, the leak you hear can be anywhere in the system. Pump running, If you see no air bubbles in the pump lid, I suspect that leak might be on the pressure side......where the shaving cream will do no good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.