Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LED pool light fixture replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

LED pool light fixture replacement

Does anyone have recommendations on LED pool light to replace an incandescent Pentair Amerilite? Should I go with the Pentair Intellibrite or is there a better one yet compatible out there? Also is it necessary to fill up the hole in the niche after the cord is pulled thru? There seem to be different opinions on this. Also what is the potting compound for bonding wire mentioned in other threads?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: LED pool light fixture replacement

What kind of control are you looking for? I just installed three Poolbright bulbs from Bulbwizards. It's a screw-in replacement for the Amerilite. You have to cycle the power to chooses the color or color changing mode, so there's no real remote option for color. They look great, though, and it's and easy installation if your existing fixtures are ok.

34k gallon, 3' - 8' deep, 45' x 25' plaster free-form, in-ground spa, Hayward MaxFlo VS, Sta-Rite System 3 S8M-150, Pureline PL7703 SWG, Dual 1HP Pentair spa booster pumps, Hayward H400FDN, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit, Dolphin Quantum

3. Back To Top    #3

We just replaced an Amerlite with an AmerBrite light from Pentair.
    They claim they are the only certified replacement for Amerilite.

4. Back To Top    #4

I am looking to replace the fixture. I looked into replacing the bulb but with a corroded base in the fixture it might not be worth it. I don't want to burn a new LED . I am hoping that an LED sealed fixture would last me for way over 5 years. The old fixture had the light replaced several times and some of those leaked regardless of precautions taken so I was hoping to get a sealed fixture instead.