Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: looking for a good salt water system for pool, and whole house water filter system

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool looking for a good salt water system for pool, and whole house water filter system

I've seen your post about EcoSmarte, and disappointed to know that the technology won't do an acceptable job sanitizing the pool like they would want us to believe. I am however interested in a pool with minimal chlorine. I detest chemicals in the environment, much less swimming in them. I guess a salt water pool would be the lesser of two evils. Could someone recommend a salt water system?
    Also, looking for a whole house water system.

Thank you, 'mam

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: looking for a good salt water system for pool, and whole house water filter syste

Welcome to TFP!

Here are some threads discussing it.

EcoSmarte
    ECOsmarte pool
    A New Pool Owner with EcoSmarte--it does work.

Add your pool info to your signature so we can give you better recommendations, more here on how to add a sig, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: looking for a good salt water system for pool, and whole house water filter syste

mam,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool related questions...

Keep in mind that a saltwater pool is a chlorine pool. The Saltwater Chlorine Generator (SWCG) just uses the salt in the pool to generate chlorine, which is used to sanitize the pool.

I love my saltwater pool. And following TFP's process, I do not have any chlorine smell like what you get at a public pool. You can't tell, except by testing, that there is chlorine in the water.

You really only have two choices.. swim in a well chlorinated and sanitized pool, or swim in stuff that is a lot worse than a little chlorine.

Do you currently have a pool or are you just looking to get one??

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.