Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Confused between 2 test kit products

1. Back To Top    #1

Confused between 2 test kit products

I wanted to buy K-2006 test kit and found these 2 products online:

Taylor Technologies, K-2006 Complete Poolcare DPD-FAS Test Kit - PST Pool Supplies
    Taylor Technologies, Service Complete Pool Water Test Kit K-2006C - PST Pool Supplies

The 2006 is around $40 less than the 2nd one 2006c. But 2006 is out-of-stock. If I'm going to spend $40 more, I would really want to know if it's worth it? I mean, what's big the difference between the two?
    Hope someone can enlighten me.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Confused between 2 test kit products

The TF-100 is the best test kit when you look at how many tests you can complete with your kit. The K-2006 doesn't have enough to get through the season, so either get the K-2006C or the TF-100. Below is a comparison of these and a few other kits:

Pool School - Test Kits Compared
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

3. Back To Top    #3

You live in CA... PoolSupplyWorld.com ships from CA. They can get you the TF-100 in short order. $70, and if you order more I read someone say $100 gets you free shipping. Get the Speed Stir device- worth every penny and speeds up testing.

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by kcindc View Post
    The TF-100 is the best test kit when you look at how many tests you can complete with your kit. The K-2006 doesn't have enough to get through the season, so either get the K-2006C or the TF-100.
    I like using Taylor products so I'll I think I'll go with K-2006C as per your advise! Thanks for the valuable information!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by mike42 View Post
    I like using Taylor products so I'll I think I'll go with K-2006C as per your advise! Thanks for the valuable information!
    The TF-100 is all Taylor reagents. They just purchase them in bulk and repackage them
    TFP Moderator

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

Support the site