A noobies observation about Slamming

cliptx

Mar 11, 2017
SE. TX
I have an above ground pool that was so swampy, there was a dead squirrel in it and we didn't notice it.

I will say,, you can memorize the youtube of the SLAM process and it still won't prepare you.

You will come here asking advice, thankfully the smarties don't get tired of the same questions about the process.

When you are ready to scream, you will notice that the pool is turning a murkey grey blue.

When your about ready to poke your eyes out and take an axe to the side of the pool, it teases you with little hints like the test water looking clearer.

When you think your almost done, you run out of some chemical that no one in the area has so you worry that in the 2 days it takes to get to you, your going to end up with the swamp again.

You get the chemical and you see that the numbers are indeed wonkey but you diligently clean the pool and vacum every stinking day for weeks or what seems like
F O R E V E R .

Then when you absolutely can't stand to test the pool and you swear the bleach has done such a number on your hands because of all the scrubbing and testing ,you will indeed be done and the over night chlorine test will prove it.

lol, it has been maddening to say the least and I am very thankful to all the smarties that helped me stay sane with the the SLAM process.

Well, I thought I was done with the SLAM process. I went out of town and my kids swam in it and even though the test is clear for algae, it has a green cast and isn't clear so I am SLAMing it for a few days with the filter running non stop.

You were done with the SLAM. But.... the chlorine wasn't kept at proper maintenance level, so the green monster is starting to show it's ugly face again.
I wasn't aware there was a test for algae?!? The green cast you see is algae... (unless you have been adding copper products).
Yes, back to the SLAM process, but this one should be much shorter.

Well, the FC,CC test was looking good. So when the numbers go wonky I think algae automatically. Sorry! No copper products, actually, our city water has a lot of iron so we tie some socks to our hose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.