Those plastic poolside skimmer lids can seem to just glue themselves on sometimes. :hammer: Try moistening the lid edges with some water for a bit while tapping gently. A rubber mallet may help. If your lid is like mine, it may have a couple holes on top, so perhaps insert the handle of another tool in it and tap it with the mallet (sideways) to try and help turn it. If it still won't budge, as a last resort, try just a little (very little) WD-40 or vegetable oil around the edge of the lid. Again, very little as we don't want a bunch of run-off going into the water. If you end-up getting a sledgehammer, make sure to post a video for us. :grin:

Thanks - I finally got it off with the help of a rubber mallet. Looks like I may have a suction side leak. Basket won't fill with water - tried to prime by adding a bucket of water. I heard a sputtering noise & saw a small drip on the pipe. Sigh. One step forward - five steps back. I was trying to vacuum during my slam - I just left the pump off. So now I'll have to figure out how to fix this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.