First Test Results

T,

Check out this chart... https://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

If you look for your CYA level, you will see that you should have an FC of about 7 ppm. The absolute lowest FC you should ever allow your pool to get to is 4 ppm.

You are at zero... you need to add Liquid Chlorine / Plain Bleach now! Unless of course you like green algae colored pools.. :cool:

For now, all your other numbers look good..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

It's that simple? I'll get the bleach going then. After 5 plus inches of rainwater and 12" of filling with the hose, I thought it would be a lot more work. I was surprised at the readings. My first spring opening after using the TFP method last summer and closing. ��

- - - Updated - - -

I only checked Walmart for the chlorine, they have two gallons in a crate, a little easier to handle. Prices are high still at $6.44, for 10% chlorine bleach.

T,

Yes.. That simple...

The key is to test a few times a week so that you can keep it simple.

Have you used pool math before? Enter your pool size and then what your readings are now and what you want them to be.

For example, if you enter your pool size and then zero under current FC and enter 7 under target FC, pool math will tell you how much 10% chlorine/bleach to add to get from 0 to 7 ppm.

Jim R.

Yes, I used pool math last year. It's just mind boggling that the pool was covered all winter ( opened it to pretty much clear water, and a few leaves, thanks to TFP!) and all I had to do was add a gallon of bleach to start it up. I figured I'd at least have to add stabilizer. Thank you for your help, Jim R.

T,

Yep, that is how it is supposed to work... :p

If you close after the water temp gets lower than 60 and open before the water temp gets above 60, not much can grow in there.

Good job...

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.