PCB board

Apr 3, 2017
Aubrey/Texas
Hello Everyone. New to the forum. Have a question about the motherboard. I currently have an older Goldline SmartPure Sanitizer control panel. Was having a problem with it reading high salt content and to check salt cell. Salt is currently at 2900. Reading is saying like 5400. Called Goldline and they said it sounded like the salt cell needed to be replaced. Bought and installed a new T-Cell-15 and same reading. So called them again and they said it sounded like the control panel needed to be replaced. My pool guy said i probably just needed to replace the motherboard with one compatible to the T-Cell-15. My question is this. What motherboard should i get? I have been looking on ebay and they have refurbished ones for a decent price, but im not totally sure which one i need. Any help would be much appreciated. I don't have all the details to my pool system in my sig yet. Will add that later. It's about a 20k gallon kidney shaped pool. Brand new pentair DE filter and cartridges. Brand new timer box.

Thanks,

Mark

Almost definitely set to the wrong cell type.

A bad cell would read lower than actual, not higher.

Sometimes the display board gets a bad connection and the settings randomly change.

Usually, removing and reinstalling the display board will resolve random setting changes.

All versions of aquarite (including smartpure) are compatible with the t-15 cell, except aquatrol.

The problem Isn't due to a bad cell or an incompatible motherboard.

What are all of the diagnostic readings?

These are the readings in order:

56P
AL-3
r 1.40
HI

salt is reading at 5300-5400

- - - Updated - - -

Pool guy tested it and said it was around 2900 but I think it's lower than that. Haven't put any salt in it since last July.

Move the switch to off, wait 10 seconds, move the switch to auto, wait 10 seconds and then check all readings again. Instant salt reading will take a few seconds to stabilize.

How old was your old cell?

I suspect that your salt really is at 5,300.

Not sure how old the old salt cell was. We just bought the house last July and it was the existing one. I will get the exact name of it when I get home. I believe it's a Hayward GLX model. Maybe the old style of T-Cell-15?

There is no way the salt is that high. The pool was drained and refilled when we bought it. We added like 15-16 bags of salt and checked it and it was around 3400-3500. Haven't added any salt since but have backwashed plenty of times and added fresh water too. The water was checked pretty often by Leslie's also.

If the salt level suddenly jumped up, there are only 3 common reasons.

1) Cell type at wrong setting. Yours only takes a T-15, so that's not it. Actually, there might be a jumper on the main board that can be changed to take a T-5 cell, but that should not change unless someone moves it.

2) Too much salt in pool.

3) Salt added while system is on. This can cause spikes in the salinity as salt gets sucked into the system. The salt system needs to be turned off when adding salt and only turned back on when the salt is fully mixed.

What is the size of your pool length, width average depth and gallons?

Try the diagnostic test I suggested. If the amps are over 8.0, the salt is definitely too high.

What are the first 4 of the box serial number and the old cell serial number?

I recommend that you get a k-1766 salt test kit.

What is the history on this? Had the salt reading been accurate for a while and then suddenly it jumped up for no reason?

I don't know if it was working before we bought the house. They let the pool go so we had to clean it up and sink some money into it.

53P
AL-3
r 1.40

still shows 5300 salt. Not sure what serial number is. AQ-RITE-5-X288. Says Sanitizer Cell T-Cell-5 in bottom right corner. I bet that's what is wrong. Maybe the board is for a 5? And this cell is a 15

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are there two pins on the board where it shows the T-15 or T-5 selector?

If the pins are there, you should just have to connect them together to enable the T-15.

If the pins are not there, I think that the points are still there but covered. I think that if you can connect the two points, it should work. I'm not sure so I can't recommend that you try it.

If you want to replace the board, you can use part number GLX-PCB-RITE.

Note: I suspect that if the system was originally sold as a T-15 system, then it would come with the pins and a jumper connecting the pins. In that case, you could downsize to a T-5 cell by removing the jumper.

However, if the system was originally sold as a T-5 system, it would not have the pins available because they didn't want you to be able to upgrade the box to a T-15 for free.

I will have to remove the board and see if there are any pins. I would assume since the pool is about 20k gallons that it would have come equipped to use the T15? The T15 is listed on the board as an option isnt it? I have a brand new t-cell-15 so no way I would downgrade.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.