Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Floated liner on sides of inground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Floated liner on sides of inground pool

Hello,
    In the past week, the chicago area has been receiving lots of rain. Last night we must have received a deluge. Anyways my yard is on the lower end of the block and drainage from neighboring yards had eventually created a river that flowed into my pool. The pool is a mess, which that I know how to clean and fix, but the pool totally overflowed. I have never see this before.
    The problem is that the liner behind the walls has water behind it now, it has pulled away from the walls and "floated". The bottom and stairs seem fine though.
    I have been pumping to get the pool to get to a normal water level but not sure what to do next. This is a really old pool so I am sure there is no drain tiles, vacuum ports or anything of the sort to get the water from behind the liner....

Any suggestions ? I thought about pulling off the coping in one sport and attempting to shop vac out the water similar to an installation. Not sure what else to do unless just with time it will drain through the vermiculite base and reset itself

Help !

thanks !
    16 X 32 wooden frame with aluminum braces in ground pool. 3.6ft shallow end, 8.5ft deep end. 22,000 gallons. Pool constructed in 1976 in Chicago area. Mechanics: 1HP hayward super pump, Jaccuzi sand filter, Hayward SWG, and Raypak 2100 heater. No main drain (capped years ago) 3 jets, 1 skimmer. Liner replaced May 2013.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Floated liner on sides of inground pool

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Do you know if the pool has a french drain around it? You want to be sure the drain exit is clear and allowing water to flow out.
    18'x36' vinyl - 24k gal - Intelliflo 3hp VSP - Pentair C&C 420 cartridge filter - IC40 Salt - EasyTouch 8 - ScreenLogic - Raypak 406btu NG heater - Intellibrite 5G ligths - 4 deck jets - sheer descent - X-Stream Slide 2 - TF100 kit - opened spring 2017

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Floated liner on sides of inground pool

I had this happen last year to my pool. Give it a few days for the groundwater to drain away. My liner settled back into place perfectly.

Keep the pool as full as you can right now.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s300i robot, Raypak 406k Heater.