Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Went to cleaning one of my skimmer baskets, there was a large frog in the basket. I was simply going to pull out the basket and remove him with the leaves, but halfway out he jumped, and sure enough......down the suction he went. This is in the skimmer that I thought may have a leak because when I pull from it exclusively, it would pull a lot of air/cavitation. I went up to my pump basket, and after a while even with the pump running very hard no sign of him. The next day, there he was fully intact in the pump strainer basket..... at least I know my line is not plugged. Was happy to see him show up...... lesson learned, from now on when I see frogs and or snakes, they're coming out before the basket does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, yeah, that could've been ugly! Ewww. I have dumped tons of frogs out of my skimmer baskets and never had one jump down the drain. I'll have to be more careful too.

Critter Skimmer
Looks like there are several options for wildlife to self rescue...

I did not notice the attached link earlier, that would make many frogs [emoji16] happy! Virtually every frog I find in my skimmer is alive and I let them go, what happened to me was kind of a freak deal, but it worked out I guess ....except for the frog [emoji88]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.