Hoosier Family's Pool Adventure: Planning and Building Thread

Unless you think people will be sitting on the steps I think you could make those about 3' narrower as 7' wide is still generous and add that to your sun shelf. That would give you 15' and ~5' per chair and fit 3 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not see model numbers though. See if he will provide those so we can make sure which ones he means.

Let's hope he's not as jerk'ish about it or I may be firing another PB... :D

6 kids=a LOT of play area needed! Good job making sure there is still a yard!

Even with the pool we will still have a sizable grassy area for the kids to play (especially by in-the-city standards). That is one reason we are not that interested in the pool house construction right away. We figure once the kids get older and utilize the large grassy area far less we will revisit the pool-house project. Besides, with six kids we will likely need more living space as they age...Though we know of a family that constructed an indoor basketball court (this is Indiana after all) in their pool house. That would be very cool.

When they start digging your pool and your trenches it would be smart to dig some to where you think your pool house will be and put conduit in for gas/electrical/water then later you won't have to tear up your expensive deck to pull those. When your plumber comes out you can just ask him straight out if he'd take a little cash to throw in the conduit for you.

To be honest, if I were in your situation (and I'd love to be because your house is gorgeous!) I would put the pool equipment to the back or side of where I imagined the pool house would be. It won't make building a pool house any harder by having the equipment there. It would only make it easier since they could pull wire for the house through the conduit used for the pool electrical. And water would already be by the pumps to tap in to too...

i agree with all this.

i would also add that if you plan on a bath you got to get that waste line right on so having a decent plan for the pool house is a must or they will be ripping stuff up again. waste lines tend to be deeper also cause they need to hit the sewer so one of the more impt lines to get right on. the other utilities can come up in a general location but they need to be decently close also so they fall in a wall frame vs middle of a room or you would just rip them up in that area. but the waste line for a toilet or sink is pretty impt.

i agree with all this.

i would also add that if you plan on a bath you got to get that waste line right on so having a decent plan for the pool house is a must or they will be ripping stuff up again. waste lines tend to be deeper also cause they need to hit the sewer so one of the more impt lines to get right on. the other utilities can come up in a general location but they need to be decently close also so they fall in a wall frame vs middle of a room or you would just rip them up in that area. but the waste line for a toilet or sink is pretty impt.

I was going to mention this but wasn't sure if he had septic or sewer and totally agree with Jim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
BTW, we are on municipal sewer and water service.

Updates:

• We did in fact switch to a new PB, and placed a deposit with them. Still waiting on the promised refund of our deposit from the fired PB. Our new construction timeframe is late July.
  • We had "them" come out and mark the utilities buried in our backyard. We discovered that the primary electric service for our home goes right through the center of proposed pool location and must be relocated before any construction will begin. According to our PB this relocation will cost ~$2,000. There were also, phone and cable lines running through the location but these are to be relocated at the expense of those companies.

Well at least you know now. There was one build where the power was said to follow the lot line. When the digger started digging they found the line going right through the middle of the lot :shock: At least they did not brake it! Talk about STOP work!

SO glad you found another PB. Let us know when you get your deposit back from the other one. What did they have to say about it?

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.