Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Poor vacuum suction

1. Back To Top    #1

Poor vacuum suction

I have a 24000 gallon vinyl inground pool,1.5 hp motor that's 12 years old.Motor seems to pump lots of water,but not much sucsion on hand vacuum.The only valves I have is a little on in skimmer but turning it does not seem to change things.Liner replaced last year,sand filter cleaned a filled with new sand,no evidence of any leaks.
    Any help would be appriciated.
    Tom

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Poor vacuum sucsion

Tom,

If you can post a pic of the valves on the input to your pump and let us know where you connect your vacuum hose.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Poor vacuum sucsion

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    Tom,

If you can post a pic of the valves on the input to your pump and let us know where you connect your vacuum hose.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    I have no valves in the pump house just a small metal valve in the skimmer.I connect my vacuum to my skimmer.If I'm missing something let me know.
    Tom