Rust Stain on Liner?

Sallie

May 16, 2008
Columbia, SC
I have an area in the middle of the shallow end on the pool bottom that looks like several rust spots. I got a new liner last year, and I'm not sure when I first noticed the spots, but it was sometime this season. We did not cover our pool over the winter. I don't remember seeing anything sitting on the pool floor, but the water was not clear at all most of last season and the beginning of this one.

I have Vit C tablets. Would it rest on the bottom or will it try to float up, or would I need to put the tablet in something and place it on the bottom? I don't understand how a rust spot could have gotten on the liner there. We have an extra piece of the liner, and I told my husband that maybe we needed to cover that spot.

Well, I got in there today. The tablets fell to the bottom, and I just used my foot to position them. It took a while for the spots to go away, but they are almost gone. The tablets dissolved, and I have some more out there now. One of the places looks like it has a tiny slit in it. I'm really not losing any water, but I'd like to make sure that's not a hole. If I stand over it and drop food dye there, will the dye go to a hole on the bottom through about 3 feet of water? You may say get under water and inspect it, but I wear glasses and would not be able to see. My family is all in the same boat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.