Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 1 Spa Jet Not Working

1. Back To Top    #1

1 Spa Jet Not Working

I have 4 return jets in my built-in spa. When I set the return to spa-only mode, 3 of the jets shoot water really hard and aerate properly. The 4th jet just barely has a small trickle of water drip out of it. As far as I can tell, there is no noticeable water loss, so I doubt it's a leak. Perhaps a clog? What is the best way to go about troubleshooting this problem?
    15k gallon (?) kidney-shaped inground concrete (paint) pool & spa combo undergoing resurfacing. 6 floor jets, 2 side returns around steps, 1 skimmer also near steps. Spa has 4 jets. 1 hp Sta-Rite Supermax, 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 cartridge filter (holds up to CC200), ComfortZone gas heater - old and broken, Master Pool return distributor (not sure what to call it). Pool Before Resurface

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 1 Spa Jet Not Working

Remove the exterior fitting and also the interior jet nozzle and then flush the line. Have you ever removed a jet nozzle before?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by mas985 View Post
    Remove the exterior fitting and also the interior jet nozzle and then flush the line. Have you ever removed a jet nozzle before?
    I've removed what I think you're calling the exterior fitting and put it back on before. I don't believe I have spa jet nozzles. I just have spa returns that are very similar to pool returns, like this one.

As dumb as this sounds, how do I flush the line? (obviously, I've never done that before)
    15k gallon (?) kidney-shaped inground concrete (paint) pool & spa combo undergoing resurfacing. 6 floor jets, 2 side returns around steps, 1 skimmer also near steps. Spa has 4 jets. 1 hp Sta-Rite Supermax, 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 cartridge filter (holds up to CC200), ComfortZone gas heater - old and broken, Master Pool return distributor (not sure what to call it). Pool Before Resurface

4. Back To Top    #4

If you drain the spa, remove the exterior fittings, and look into the jet hole, you will see a fitting deep inside that can be removed with a long socket wrench. It usually looks like this:

Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater