Bricks OK for steps??

irishal

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2009
Edmond, OK
Are bricks ok to use as weights to hold down the steps in an AG pool? We have Biltmore steps and there is a shelf to place weights of some kind to weigh them down. I've read the posts about PVC piping etc...etc...but just wondering if brick/concrete blocks are ok?

Cheers,
Irishal

I went out and bought two bags of playsand and used two large bags, almost like large ziplock bags and sealed them up. They fit under the steps well and do the jobs. I like the fact that there is nothing to damage the liner and it was cheap.

I would not go with bricks or concrete blocks of any kind. First off, the raw concrete from big cinder blocks can leach out an acidic substance depending on what exactly was used in the mix, but even more importantly the rough edges can wreak havok on the liner if they scrape or fall on the side or floor. The sealed pvc prevents both of the aforementioned things from happening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.