Old guy

Apr 5, 2017
Louisiana
Hello All,
I am in Louisiana/18x36x8.5 in ground vinyl! I use copper ionization to keep my pool looking & feeling great!
I am seeking info on copper test kits and what threads/users also use copper!?!?
Thanks for any info provided!:cool::confused:

Welcome to TFP!

We consider copper a problem in the water, and emphasize keeping it out of the pool at all costs. That means testing for it is not part of our philosophy. Copper is not an approved sanitizer, and a pool treated with copper alone is not safe for swimmers. Copper keeps water looking good because it is a pretty good algaecide, but it does little for bacteria and viruses.

Old Guy,

I just wanted to say welcome to TFP, but I doubt you will find what you are looking for here.

You are kind of like a Ford guy looking for parts in a Toyota store. :cool:

Thanks for posting, and hope you find what you are looking for,

Jim R.

Hello All,
I am in Louisiana/18x36x8.5 in ground vinyl! I use copper ionization to keep my pool looking & feeling great!
I am seeking info on copper test kits and what threads/users also use copper!?!?
Thanks for any info provided!:cool::confused:

Welcome to the forum, nice to have you with us.

As John has stated, we do not encourage copper usage at all. The only EPA approved sanitizers are chlorine, bromine and biguanide.

As copper levels build up (copper does not get used up or evaporate), it can stain pool surfaces & turn blond hair green.

I hope you take the time to have a read through Pool School (blue button up top on the right) to see what we teach and recommend.

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.