Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Shopping around

1. Back To Top    #1

Shopping around

I'm looking for a SWG for a 25k gal in ground pool. I've done some poking around and searching on here but don't see anything about recent equipment recommendations. I'm pretty sure that most folks favorite system is the Hayward Aquarite? I looked at the Salt and Swim and heard the cells don't last more than 3 seasons at best, usually 1 or 2. Is there anything else I should check out? The Aquarite is around $900, is there anything priced less that's worth looking at, or am I paying for peace of mind?

Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Shopping around

I just want to make sure you are looking for the correct size. We recommend sizing the SWG at 1.5 to 3 times the size of the pool. So a 40k cell is the minimum you should be looking at. If you want to go bigger, the Hayward is out. Pentair goes to a 60k cell.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ah ok thank you. I'll take that into consideration.

4. Back To Top    #4

The Aquarite is very common, some members get 7+ years on a cell. There are a few know failure mechanisms that can be repaired fairly easily. The pentair have more electronics in the cell, so replacement costs more.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!