strutaway

Bronze Supporter
Jun 2, 2013
LA (Lower Arkansas)
This stain started two years ago when we started using an intex SWG. It started just below the water line and went down about a foot the first year. This is after another year. I have looked at everything about stains, but haven't seen one just like this. Without water in the pool, I can't test for metals. Could it be copper or iron? From the SWG? My chemistry last year ran about right. I didn't have a way to test for metals.

Last edited:
Test the water you filled the pool with. Alternately, did you ever add cheap algaecides in the pool that may have contained copper?

What were your test results and what tester were you using?

Is that black stuff still sitting in the pool or have you drained and refilled?

Yip :flower:

Here: I fixed your photo link for you: IMG_0630 2_zpsognhhzc8.jpg Photo by strutaway | Photobucket

The test for metals is kinda pricey so it actually IS the one test we ask you to take to a pool store. Do you ever get rust stains in the toilets? Or see water discoloration on your cement drive or any place your sprinkler puts down water? Those can be clues to iron in the water.

Do you have city or well water?

What were you testing with last year and what were your test results? How were you chlorinating?

Yip :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.