Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Decided to convert to SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Decided to convert to SWG

And have a question regarding automation. I currently have Hayward Ecommand control panel and purchased the Hayward AQ15 SWG, would I use the Ecommand to control the SWG or the control panel that came with the SWG? After reading the manual they make it sound like you use the Ecommand but it seems easier to use the Aqua Rite , any help would be appreciated , thanks
    31x22 FF IG, 16k gallon , 3.5-5.5-4.5, Hayward 425 cartridge, Tristar variable speed, Aqua Rite AQ15 SWG, HPC 4 wireless controller, LED, Texas Grey pebble finish, Taylor K 2006 and 1766,speedstir ,New build in central Texas....

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Decided to convert to SWG

After researching a bit more I think I'll just use my current automation for controlling the SWG. I do have another question though, should I start adjusting chemicals to SWG levels now or wait till after the system is up and running?
    Current levels:
    FC 6
    CC 0
    PH 7.7
    TA 80
    CH 300
    CYA 40
    Borates 50
    31x22 FF IG, 16k gallon , 3.5-5.5-4.5, Hayward 425 cartridge, Tristar variable speed, Aqua Rite AQ15 SWG, HPC 4 wireless controller, LED, Texas Grey pebble finish, Taylor K 2006 and 1766,speedstir ,New build in central Texas....

3. Back To Top    #3

Now is fine. You want to give the salt 24-48 hours to dissolve and mix, or longer if the pump isn't on 24x7.

Have you seen this handy page?
    Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes I have DV, read it many many times, thanks for the info

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I currently run my pump 7 hrs at 60% but plan on experimenting with times and output depending on chlorine output.