Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thinking about an automatic pool cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Thinking about an automatic pool cleaner

After reading so many posts about this cleaner and that cleaner, I am starting to think I might need one. My pool is so small though, that I wonder if there is a real cheap one that will be okay for me. I mean it's only like 9' wide and 21' long. At the deepest it's less than 4'. Almost seems silly to spend the money when it takes longer to setup the vacuum head and pole, then it takes to actually vacuum.

Know anybody that is looking to sell a cleaner cheap? Maybe free to a good home?
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thinking about an automatic pool cleaner

What are you looking for? A robot? A suction cleaner?

I'm going to pull the trigger on an S300i later this week. Once I do, my Kreepy Krawly suction cleaner is going into the deck box for a permanent retirement. I'd gladly have her find use somewhere else.

It's a 4 year old Kreepy Krawly Sandshark suction cleaner by Pentair. The internals are all still good but the bottom rubber pad is a little worn with age so the bottom chassis would be a good rebuild item to buy, ~$90 on Amazon. I wouldn't send the hose segments as they are old & worn but I'll send all the other parts with it. You might need a skimmer vacuum plate to go with it.

All I'd ask for is shipping costs. PM me if you're interested.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

You might consider and try one of the refurbished cleaners they offer for a really reasonable price.

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

4. Back To Top    #4

Very nice of you Matt!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

A true joyfulnoise!
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Wonder what could be in this box???
    20170419_181010.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

What ever shall I do?
    20170419_181205.jpg

7. Back To Top    #7

Be sure to feed her right away, I'm sure she's hungry and thirsty from the long dusty trip....

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I'm afraid that it's too late. But I'm going to try anyway!

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

No bueno! Think I need to clean filter and find a way to block bottom drain. More to come...

10. Back To Top    #10

Is the bottom drain tied to your skimmer?

Matt

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Nope. Separate line to pump with no valve inline. Guess I get to install one.