Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does Polaris 360 (PS cleaner) need more weight?

1. Back To Top    #1

Does Polaris 360 (PS cleaner) need more weight?

I frequently find my Polaris 360 (pressure side cleaner) just sitting in the same spot turning its wheels but not going anywhere. It seems that the coil of the hose holds it back. If I use the pool leaf-screen to give the hose a toss (sort of unlooping the hose) the 360 will happily take off a gain. Sometimes it has no problems pulling and uncoiling the hose at it goes along - sometimes it seems stuck like it needs more traction (the wheels are turning but it's not moving). I wonder if adding some weight to the 360 would improve its traction.

Has anyone seen or solved this problem with their PS cleaner?
    20K gal In-ground pool with raised Spa overflowing into pool; two Jandy Sheer Descent waterfalls; Pentair IntelliTouch i7+3, IntelliChlor, IntelliPH, 3 SAM/SAL lights, Pentair FNS60Plus filter, two 1.0 HP WhiperFlow pumps, Jandy/Compool auto-valves, RayPak Heatpump, RayPak 406A LP spa heater, Polaris 360 PS Cleaner. Patio and deck lighting by Volt; Volt 600W landscaping transformer; Webber grilling station

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Does Polaris 360 (PS cleaner) need more weight?

Have you tried adjusting the thrust jet?
    ~38,000 Gallon In-Ground Plaster | Sta-Rite Intellipro 2 VST | Pentair CCP420 Filter | Polaris 360

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Does Polaris 360 (PS cleaner) need more weight?

Not really. I made an adjustment to help it get out of the corner where it was getting stuck. Maybe I need more "down thrust". I hadn't thought of that.
    Thanks
    20K gal In-ground pool w/spa; IntelliControl, IntelliChlor, IntelliPH (Acid-Injector), SAM/SAL lights, Pentair FNS60Plus filter, two 1.0 HP WhiperFlow pumps, Jandy/Compool auto-valves, RayPak Heatpump, Jandy Gas heater