Solar heater

Agreed, exact dimensions from top to bottom and left to the vent.

If it is 10x20, then I still think that four of the 4x8 panels mounted vertically is the best you can do for 128 sqft.

yes you would need the double row kit which has the extra pipe fittings.

Do they sell 2x8 panels too? ... should be able to fit them in each row too. Would add 25% more area.

You will need a VRV and then just a bunch of normal PVC pipe fittings.
Also a 3 way valve and 2 check valves.
Ideally A controller and an actuator for the valve.

Hmmm, surprising they didn't email back. Call them and walk through the order with them. 800 333 9276

You need the roof install kit
Solar controller with solar valve, vacuum release valve and check valves
I got a plumbing kit with a bunch of fittings I didn't need. :)

I ordered the extra plumbing kit and roof install kit. I did not order the solar controller because I didn't know how much better that makes solar work. I didn't add the Solartouch until the next year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SWG needs to be last. Looks like some more plumbing in order.

What I would suggest ... move the SWG to right before the existing 3-way heading back toward the wall. Then come up to the same level as your filter exit, bring the pipe back toward the front and then a 90 into the filter. That is actually 1 less 90 than your current plumbing and puts some room between the filter and SWG to install the solar 3-way and tie back in the solar return. Note you want a check valve right after the filter too.

Just spoke to solar direct, she told me it would be a waste of money and I wouldn't get any heat from doing 4 4x8 panels. She told me to get 2x10 panels on amazon and I can install them 10 ft wide and put 9 of them, stacked in a row, does this sound right?

Going with 9 2x10 panels would be 180 sqft.
Going with 4 4x8 panels would be 128 sqft.

So what she suggests would be a 50% increase in area and heat ... not sure why she would say "you will not get any heat" as that is simply not true. And that path she suggested is not a HUGE increase in area.

I guess another option would to do (8) of the 4x8 panels. I have another 11x18 section of roof on the other side of the electric solar panels.The house is 50 ft long, do you think that would be to much on my pump going 50 feet there and 50 feet back? I have the intelliflo 3hp vs

- - - Updated - - -

That would give me exactly 50 percent of my sq footage

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.