New pool build SNJ. Atlantic county

Henmak

Mar 12, 2017
NJ
Hello everyone my wife and I are planning to start are in ground pool this Thursday if the rain holds We are planning on a 20x40 oasis with 12ft bench, pentair filtration with glass, variable speed pentair pump, heating system, swg, pentair automation with screen logic 2 and deck jets as the water feature. I will try to post pictures as it is being develop to gain some additional feedback thoughts of improvements. I am also wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom before we start this adventure of a project. Also I am posting a picture of the liner we are thinking about going with and wanted to see if anyone can think of positive or negatives about the choiceView attachment 58699. Lastly we are looking for ideas around the concrete pad pours such as umbrella ports? Cutouts for plants etc. please post pics if you have them

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_2693.jpg

Hi! What fun! A new pool to build! THANKS!

Right off the bat I would steer you away for the glass in the filter. We have a couple of members who have it and say it is not worth the extra costs. It did not live up to it's promise.

That is a pretty liner! SO blue!

These umbrellas:
https://www.amazon.com/Umbrellas-Cantilever-Shade/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A13819001%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A2830616011

are awesome! They can be moved and tilted as needed depending on the needs at that time. I tend to like them better than a hole in the ground that cannot be moved.

Planters around the pool = growing/living stuff = stuff in the pool and more work. It is up to you but some pretty pots that can be moved or removed as wanted would be better for me.

I would love to see where the pool is going.

Kim:kim:

Hi! What fun! A new pool to build! THANKS!

Right off the bat I would steer you away for the glass in the filter. We have a couple of members who have it and say it is not worth the extra costs. It did not live up to it's promise.

That is a pretty liner! SO blue!

These umbrellas:
https://www.amazon.com/Umbrellas-Cantilever-Shade/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A13819001%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A2830616011

are awesome! They can be moved and tilted as needed depending on the needs at that time. I tend to like them better than a hole in the ground that cannot be moved.

Planters around the pool = growing/living stuff = stuff in the pool and more work. It is up to you but some pretty pots that can be moved or removed as wanted would be better for me.

I would love to see where the pool is going.

Kim:kim:

Thank you both for the information and tips. I will definitely take some thought on the umbrellas. We have been struggling with the liner for weeks and we think we finally found one we both love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.