Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I need a new skimmer basket!

1. Back To Top    #1

I need a new skimmer basket!

Lost the handle on my pentair basket so I want to replace it since it now floats up. Looks like there are hundreds available, but several caught my eye on Amazon, the Skimmer Doctor, and a mesh basket (not the hair net). Do you have a favorite?
    18,000 gal, IG kidney w/ spa, Pebbletech, 60 DE filter, 2 skimmers, auto chlorinator, 2.0 hp pump, Dolphin M400

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I need a new skimmer basket!

I went to a local pool store and they sold me just the handle when mine broke. Might be worth a try? Less than $5

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Can't speak to longevity - we've only had them for about 3 months but I like the Debris Z thus far - it was the best of the options at our local pool store when I needed one pronto.

https://www.amazon.com/Debris-DEBRIS...skimmer+basket

I like that the handle sticks out so I can pull it out with out getting into the water/muck. Also like the easy dump feature. Awesome with dead or alive creepy crawlies in it. Just be careful not to push the button while pulling it out!
    21000 gal IG Pebble Sheen (Blue Surf), Pentair quad DE filter, Sta Rite Intellipro VS pump; Paramount PCC-2000 inground cleaner; Installed May 2016.

4. Back To Top    #4

That's pretty cool, but no skimmer sock will go in there I bet?

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    That's pretty cool, but no skimmer sock will go in there I bet?

Yip

Well, that's how I lost the handle (straight stainless rod) on my basket...had to remove it to put a skimmer sock in it. Somehow I misplaced it.
    18,000 gal, IG kidney w/ spa, Pebbletech, 60 DE filter, 2 skimmers, auto chlorinator, 2.0 hp pump, Dolphin M400

6. Back To Top    #6

A medium sized rock will hold the basket down. Pick one too big to fit in the suction hole at the bottom of the skimmer.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    A medium sized rock will hold the basket down. Pick one too big to fit in the suction hole at the bottom of the skimmer.
    Thanks, that's what I'm using now. What I would really like is a hair net compatible, weighted basket that has a folding handle(s), that also doesn't get in the way of the hair net.