Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wanda Help!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Wanda Help!!

Still so frustrated about pool being so dirty. I don't really feel the pool blast is doing much. Wanting to buy a Wanda the Whale, concern is it won't be able to see if she is sitting on the bottom of the pool. Clorine levels are still really high not having to add much bleach each day at all. Brushing several times a day.

Should I just order Wanda??

May/2018 AGP Coleman 24x52 vinyl, 13.6k gallons, Harris H1572228 Vortex 16 inch Above Ground Sand Filter System with 3/4 HP Pump, PoolBlaster Max, TF-100

Run pump 24/7

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wanda Help!!

Can you provide a full set of test results please?
    FC
    CC
    pH
    TA
    CH
    CYA

your water makes me think you have a filteration problem? It just looks muddy.

Are you performing a SLAM? SLAM

Yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

I do know my filter isn't big enough. That is what it looks like when all stirred up. Looks pretty blue when not so everything is sitting on the bottom.

Yes, keeping water at FC 31. SWG pool, and cya us 80. Cc is .5 ph 7.8, ta 100..

May/2018 AGP Coleman 24x52 vinyl, 13.6k gallons, Harris H1572228 Vortex 16 inch Above Ground Sand Filter System with 3/4 HP Pump, PoolBlaster Max, TF-100

Run pump 24/7

4. Back To Top    #4

You could always drain half and refill to lower that CYA and the chlorine requirements to clean it up.

Can you vacuum to waste and bypass the filter? Let it settle down and then vacuum slowly?

Did you read the SLAM instructions about lowering the pH to 7.2 first...? SLAM
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

5. Back To Top    #5

You're right...that's way too big a job for your filter. Let it settle and vacuum every chance you get. Wanda is just gonna run it straight to your filter.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

I can backwash often when vacuuming. So not a real big deal. Just wasn't sure if could get her set on her feet to get the job done.

Open to other suggestions. Show me a link to the best filter for the pool. I ultimately want a 30 ft pool.

Run pump 24/7

7. Back To Top    #7

I manual vacuum untill most dirt is gone, then use wanda.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

8. Back To Top    #8

Ok

Run pump 24/7