Obscure Pool Pump and Motor, need help

ocala

Apr 3, 2017
Ocala, FL
I was recently doing some pressure washing and the area housing my pump, junction, and timer got wet.

The motor for the timer does not work at all. The gfci was also ruined. I was able to bypass the timer and outlet with direct lines from the junction to a switch from switch to the motor. The pump ran fine for nearly a week on 120V flawlessly.

I turned off my breaker and disconnected everything to clean up the wiring and now the pump will not fire. I deleted the switch in an attempt to prove the pump was not fried and it did start.

I am at square one now with no connections to the motor or from the box.

The Pump and Motor Information are as follows according to the diagram on the motor:
  • Motor Model: CS4M249I22L
  • Volts:115/230
  • Hz:60
  • HP:1.0
  • ENCL: DP
  • Max Load Amps 11.5/5.7
  • RPM:3450

Pump Model is 72743nc. The closest thing I can find to a manufacturer is SPLAPOOL.

I cannot find any information to this setup anywhere and as far as I know there is no manual.
20170329_155911.jpg1491260360833-412554494.jpg14912600641171663580112.jpg

You said it ran fine on 120 volts for a while, and you've disconnected it and now it doesn't run with the switch in the line? Is that correct? Assuming that it is, it sounds like you have a bad switch.

Then you say that you're at square one. No connections from the box to the motor. So, are you wanting a wiring diagram of how to wire the pump from the circuit breaker to the pump?

Let me know, and I can probably provide you with something.

I have had the pump run on a direct line, but now i need to know how the wires on the motor terminal are supposed to go for the 115V. There are a total of five wires G Hot and Neutral which i can attach fine. There are two additional wires coming from the motor. One is a white that comes from behind the terminal and another black which comes from the thermal protector. The diagram on the case also calls for a brown wire, but there is not a brown wire in the case anywhere.

Looking at the first (top) pic that you posted, the bottom right hand side of that pic shows the connections for 115 volts. The bottom pic that you posted looks like the terminal board is wired correctly for 115 volts. You need to connect the hot and neutral to the two terminals shown in the wiring diagram. The brown wire could be connected either internally or to the back side of the terminal board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.