Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FG or Gunite in SELA and PB recommendations

1. Back To Top    #1

FG or Gunite in SELA and PB recommendations

Greetings,

First post here.

So, we are going to have a pool built. Not sure if it will be FG or Gunite, but leaning towards FG. I have read and heard pros and cons of each style, as well as having been in each. The PB in my area that was recommended by family only does Gunite and is so busy it could be a month or two before they can get started on ours. I was not given a FG recommendation.

Does anyone have a PB recommendation in Southeast Louisiana, especially for FG? Like NOLA / Northshore or even Baton Rouge area? I searched online and found some but would like input from pool owners in my area.

Please feel free to give me your advice on FG or Gunite and why, as well as a PB. It is much appreciated.

Thanks,

GoodStuffEnjoyer
    No Pool Yet
    Trying to decide between FG and Gunite
    Looking for a reputable PB in SELA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FG or Gunite in SELA and PB recommendations

The best thing you can do is to call around to installers and builders in your area. Have them come out to see your area. Ask them for their list of pools they have completed and try to go visit them. Ask them if they would use them again.

Good luck! Each kind of pool has it's own pros and cons. Know the site prep is VERY important for the FG.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, kimkats. I called a few today, and of the 3 I called only 1 still installs fiberglass. Not sure what's up with that.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks pooldv!