Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slamming

1. Back To Top    #1

Slamming

I've been slamming for about a week, my green swamp has turned to a nice shade of blue but still very, very cloudy. My recent levels are
    FC 14 - getting ready to add bleach to get back up to 18 FC for slam
    CC 1
    pH 7.0
    TA 60
    CH 10
    CYA 45
    We had a pretty heavy rain this morning, I'm guessing that's why my pH has dropped! On the pool math calculator it says I should add 18oz of baking soda to increase my pH, but it also says to add 57 oz of baking soda to increase my TA. just a little confused as what I should do, and I'm guessing it's ok to increase ph while I'm slamming? Also, should I correct CH as well? Is the ph level causing the cloudiness or am I still battling algae? Thanks so much for all of your help! I love trouble free pool, and the slam method! Just still so much more to learn!
    18' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame AG - Installed 05/22/2016 , 1600 gph Intex Sand Filter Pump , City Water, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Slamming

With FC levels that hi your PH reading will not be accurate. I've always read here to not pay attention to PH when FC is over 10 ppm.
    ~Chris - 18,000 gallon pool / hot tub free-form gunite / Sconescapes Aqua White minipebble, EasyTouch PSL4 Control w/ ScreenLogic, Pentair Intelliflo VSP/3hp, Pentair WhisperFlo 2hp water feature pump, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Pentair C&CP 520 cartridge filter, MasterTemp 400 BTU heater, Dolphin M500, TF-100 w/Speedstir.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Slamming

Quote Originally Posted by Janel View Post
    I've been slamming for about a week, my green swamp has turned to a nice shade of blue but still very, very cloudy. My recent levels are
    FC 14 - getting ready to add bleach to get back up to 18 FC for slam
    CC 1
    pH 7.0
    TA 60
    CH 10
    CYA 45
    We had a pretty heavy rain this morning, I'm guessing that's why my pH has dropped! On the pool math calculator it says I should add 18oz of baking soda to increase my pH, but it also says to add 57 oz of baking soda to increase my TA. just a little confused as what I should do, and I'm guessing it's ok to increase ph while I'm slamming? Also, should I correct CH as well? Is the ph level causing the cloudiness or am I still battling algae? Thanks so much for all of your help! I love trouble free pool, and the slam method! Just still so much more to learn!
    Baking Soda is used to raise TA, with very little impact on pH.

To raise pH, use borax, washing soda, or soda ash.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!