Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Living in the desert with a pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Living in the desert with a pool

So today is my Saturday, having a bloody mary and cleaning the pool after a dust storm that blew there the other day with 60 mph winds, what a mess, organic debris of all kinds and not to mention the dust, looks like pounds of it when brushing the pool so this is my day, how is everyone doing, been a while since I've posted.

Steve H
    1) 14,500 pool/spa, 2) IG Tile, 3) Filter, Cartridge, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus M/N CCP 420
    4) Heater, Pentair Mini Max NT, Propane, 5) Pump, Pentair WhisperFlo, 2 HP rated, Service Factor 1.30
    6) Pump motor A. O. Smith 2 HP, single speed, 7) TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Living in the desert with a pool

sorry to hear that, how often does this happen? I have to live with several trees that overhang the pool and drop debris all year round, they have become the target of all my animosity. Cleaning the pool 3 times a week gets old.
    25,000 gallon in ground white plaster- 1 1/2 HP Pentair SuperFlo pump - 60 sqft FNS DE filter (with FiberClear), 1999 Sundance Optima 850 hot tub.
    Manassas Park, VA

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Steve! That wind storm was of epic portions from what I hear! It moved rocks into a pool dig in TX

You might need to find a way to vacuum to waste to get that sand out!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Rocco, this is the second dust storm in the last 4 months, even with the solar cover on there is still quite the mess to clean up.

Hi Kim, I will be vacuuming the pool in 45 minutes when the timer turns the pump on, the dust was so thick that we could only see the immediate area around the house.
    1) 14,500 pool/spa, 2) IG Tile, 3) Filter, Cartridge, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus M/N CCP 420
    4) Heater, Pentair Mini Max NT, Propane, 5) Pump, Pentair WhisperFlo, 2 HP rated, Service Factor 1.30

5. Back To Top    #5

Sure, just get the pool cleaned and here come another dust storm, this time the cover is off, winds gusting to 40 mph and growing. this is life in the desert.

Steve H

6. Back To Top    #6

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DARN! Guess you have to learn to get that cover on quicker!!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit