Dallas, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I've been reading previous threads about using hair nets to catch small particles at the skimmer.

Could someone one who uses them post a picture and explain how they are attached? I've looked but can't find the info.

Thanks!

I use them but my pool is closed so no pics right now. I just take the basket out of the skimmer and put the hairnet over the top of the basket. I cover the handle but I'm sure you could make it so handle isn't covered if you really care. Simple as that. If you google "hairnet over skimmer" it shows pics of other people's setup:

hairnet over skimmer - Google Search

I use them but my pool is closed so no pics right now. I just take the basket out of the skimmer and put the hairnet over the top of the basket. I cover the handle but I'm sure you could make it so handle isn't covered if you really care. Simple as that. If you google "hairnet over skimmer" it shows pics of other people's setup:

hairnet over skimmer - Google Search

Thanks very much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So are these just regular hairnets or are they designed for this purpose? Do you treat them as disposable or do you clean them and reuse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regular hairnets, repurposed. Much cheaper than "skimmer socks" at the pool store. I personally buy queen-sized knee-highs. Skimmer Sock/Nylon Illustrated. They last a month or two, then start getting giant runs when you clean them, telling you it's time for a new one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Regulate hair nets. At 100 for $8, I don't even attempt to clean them. I replace every couple of days, but I don't get much that need skimming in my pool.

One Gallon Paint Strainers work well, last years, cheap and are a good micron size (not too big and not too restrictive).
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Hawk-...trainers-Fits-Container-Size-1-Gallon/1008385

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XK2FS0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use these. Just stuff it inside and stretch the elastic around the outside lip of the basket just contouring it around the handles. Works great. After they get dirty, I chunk them in the trash! No more trying to get the strands of grass unstuck from the basket holes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I ordered some of these and when I put them on, I started getting air bubbles in my returns. I removed the hairnet off just one of the skimmers and it stopped. I'm guessing that means I have a very small leak on the suction side and the hair nets are causing the pump to suck harder and exposing the leak? Any other thoughts or anybody else have this problem?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.