Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much longer until you open?

1. Back To Top    #1

How much longer until you open?

Our temps have been 60 high/40 low the last few days. I don't know what my water temps are but I'm sure it can't be higher than 50. We don't really start warming up until late May. I have the overwhelming urge to open her up just to look at my water. Our winter has been so depressing. Nothing but record rain and gray cloudy days. I want to open just for the mental boost I get from looking out my window at my pretty water.

So when is everyone else going to open?
    14k Gallon 24' x 54" Signature RTL , 1 hp 2 speed Pentair Optiflow, 350lb Pentair SD80 sand filter, 2" leaky plumbing, a Zodiac G3, and my TF-100!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How much longer until you open?

My water temp is just over 60. My pool is open now, but waiting for 70 before swimming in it
    24ft x 52in AGP 18000 gal
    sand filter, 200#,1.5 hp single speed pump
    Wood deck (still in progress...)

3. Back To Top    #3

The pecan trees need to finish budding out and drop all their catkins before I'll even consider pulling the cover off. However I do have the pump running and the water balanced and ready to go once the time comes.

So I guess you could say I've got it half way opened. Probably a couple more weeks then I can pull the cover.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

4. Back To Top    #4

Have mine on the schedule for April 29th. I'm in Southern New Jersey.
    36,000 Gallon Inground (IG) Gunite Pool with Spa and 12" tanning ledge | White Plaster | Cartridge Filter | Hayward Single Speed Pump (x2) | 400k BTU Hayward Heater | Hayward ProLogic Automation | Taylor K2006 Test Kit | In-pool Cleaner | August / September 2016 Build Date | Build Thread

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by madwil View Post
    My water temp is just over 60. My pool is open now, but waiting for 70 before swimming in it
    70? Brrr...... you'd love my pool water, temp over 70 up until early Jan, then took slight dip and back up to70 first week of February. You'd only have a month of no swimming. Never have to close pool and about a week or so before water temps will be around 80.
    Free Form 13K IG (Quartz) w/Screen Enclosure - 2 Sheer Descents, 1 Bubbler - Hayward 60 SF DE Sta-Rite - Hayward SP3400VSP EcoStar - Hayward Aqua Rite AQR9 (T-Cell-9) SWG - Zodiac MX6 - July 2016 - Taylor K-2006 - Taylor K-1766 Salt Test

6. Back To Top    #6

May 15th getting closer here...

30,600 gallon SW Liner IG, 26'x46', 8' deep end, Hayward Cartridge Filter (Model C4030), Aquacal Heat Pump (Model R410A) with Autopilot PPC1 Salt Cell, Hayward Max-Flo VS (x2, 1 for pool, 1 for waterfall), Autopilot Salt Chlorine Generator (Pool Pilot Digital Model 75003), Hayward Colorlogic x3, AquaClean Robot, and SolarBreeze NX, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

We recommend opening before the water hits 60, and closing after it goes down below 60. This presumes you will be maintaining the pool until then so algae will have very little time to grow.

My pool remains open year round but I use a cover especially in spring when all the pollen and tree schmutz drops. I just open to test, then shut the cover again.

yippee
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

8. Back To Top    #8

April 8th- This Saturday! I am a little early but this will be our first full season with our new pool so we can't wait! Even if we don't swim this early it will be pretty to look at.
    To be built Spring 2016. 750 sq foot gunite free form. Raised spa with spillover and dedicated pump, 16 foot fiberglass slide built into hill with bolder steps, approx 1,000 sq foot stamped concrete deck, Pentair VS+SVRS pump, Sta-Rite 400,000 btu gas heater, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, Pentair Intellichlor IC60 SWG, Pentair Intellichem, Pentair Easytouch, Rapids 4WD pool cleaner, 2 LED Intellibrite lights.

9. Back To Top    #9

Opens last week, got it perfect and we had those storms today. Bunch of trash. More storms predicted for Wednesday Water temp at 70 but that too chilly for me.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

10. Back To Top    #10

I really want to see the water again but it will probably wait till early May. I don't want to chance the equipment with a late April freeze that we can get here from time to time.
    Chuck-
    15x30 AG, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is AD Free and is funded solely by member support click here to help

11. Back To Top    #11

End of May, beginning of June maybe. (If we are lucky and it gets warm)
    Coleman 16' x 48" power steel pool.

12. Back To Top    #12

Last year was April 15 for me, this year Nothing but low 50's and no sun for weeks, not any time soon.
    Punk"O"Phony Phil has been right so far.
    Doughboy AG 16' x 32' oval, 13,700 gal.
    AquaView by Doughboy 150lb sand filter model 0-1709-20
    PowerLine pump by Doughboy model 0-3047-200, 1.5hp-single speed-20amp
    Gulfstream electric heater-HE125-R-A
    Taylor K-2006 test kit

13. Back To Top    #13

My pool has been open all year, but not for swimming because of the water temp. My water has gotten as warm as 78, but then we get a cold front, then drops back into the 50's and 60's...Looking mid to late May if this weather persist..
    24x16 doughboy Summerville..22" Waterway "sand" 1.5 HP 2sp motor..Misty Falls liner, and wedding cake stairs..

14. Back To Top    #14

I'm in southeastern Wisconsin. I'm in need of the mental boost as well. So I'm thinking by end of April just to see the water we won't be swimming until Memorial Day at the EARLIEST anyhow.

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by linzjane88 View Post
    Our temps have been 60 high/40 low the last few days. I don't know what my water temps are but I'm sure it can't be higher than 50. We don't really start warming up until late May. I have the overwhelming urge to open her up just to look at my water. Our winter has been so depressing. Nothing but record rain and gray cloudy days. I want to open just for the mental boost I get from looking out my window at my pretty water.

So when is everyone else going to open?

I'm in your region. I keep the pool open year round, but I make sure the chlorine is at a proper level
    and start running the pump daily the first weekend in april. my water temp (and yours likely) is 51 degrees.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

16. Back To Top    #16

I'd like to open mine in a few weeks.
    AGP: 21' x 52" : 10,000 gallon
    100 lb. Sand Filter / 1 hp pump
    11-5 full sun

17. Back To Top    #17

Open your pool. What do mean? Who closes their pool in the Southern United States. Current pool water is 72. A little too chilly for me.
    Xavier in Baytown, Texas
    Pool Built: 06May2016. 16ftx34ft, Area: 485 ft2, Depth: 4ft-6ft, Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair FNS Plus D.E. Filter 48 sq. ft., Easy Touch 8 with wireless remote, IntelliBrite Pool Color LED, 640 Sq Ft of deck, 3 ton waterfall, Guesstimation: 17,000 gallons, Test Kit: Taylor K-2006C.

18. Back To Top    #18

Well lows tonight going down to upper 30's and low 40's..This isn't helping my cause for warmer water..We should bounce back to the 80's this weekend, so maybe this might be the last strong cold front of the season. I still have the wedding cake stairs in the garage, and needs deep cleaning. If anyone has the stairs, I would always recommend taking them out for the winter. Im still battling small patches of what im thinking is algae, but passing the oclt test....Same battle I dealt with last year...
    24x16 doughboy Summerville..22" Waterway "sand" 1.5 HP 2sp motor..Misty Falls liner, and wedding cake stairs..

19. Back To Top    #19

I opened mine on march 5th. Water is 60 degrees and I'm also waiting until 70 degree water but I could be tempted at 67 degrees as nice as the water looks.
    Intex ultra frame 26'x52" above ground pool
    Intex ultra 18'x46" above ground pool retired

20. Back To Top    #20

My goal temp is 85 and above

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast