How do I read salt strips properly?

Apr 12, 2015
Marietta GA
Here is my salt strip... do I read this as 5.2 or 6.0?
af3b6d04bed231edecfcac351ce97a9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, that means the reading on my aquarite is about 1000 off... it shows 1600 on the display. Maybe it will be more accurate in the morning. I just installed it today, I'm sure it needs more than a few hours to adapt.

I just noticed that someone on my previous thread told me to leave the salt system off for a day or two while everything mixes properly. I think the vast majority of the salt has dissolved based on the test strips and what I could see earlier.

I turned Wanda (Zodiac MX-6) lose on the new salt earlier today and watched it all dissolve in the leaf canister.

Did you submerge the strip in 1" of water only? It matters. Temperature matters too with strips; the water should be room temperature.

This shows one of the many reasons why strips are inferior to the drop based titration test (K-1766) - it's too easy to misinterpret the results.

I suggest you get the k-1766.

Did you submerge the strip in 1" of water only? It matters. Temperature matters too with strips; the water should be room temperature.

This shows one of the many reasons why strips are inferior to the drop based titration test (K-1766) - it's too easy to misinterpret the results.

I suggest you get the k-1766.

I will order the kit.

I used the PH chamber of my test kit, it had an inch, maybe 1.5 inches.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.