Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question regarding my newly remodeled pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Question regarding my newly remodeled pool

Hi all,

I recently had my pool remodeled and noticed something that kind of bothered me. I noticed there is no mastic or grout between my spa veneer and my decking. It was not obvious during a normal day. But when we had a bad weather, it became really muddy near that area. It also looks kind of crappy to have a gap there.

Is this normal? Is it something that my pool contractor should've done when he did the remodel? And advice is welcomed, thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question regarding my newly remodeled pool

Looks like they forgot to do the Deck-O-Seal in that area.
    15k IG gunite, built 1999, RiverBend Sandler, attached spa, Dolphin S200, Pentair Triton II sand filter, Wet Edge Prism Matrix in Constellation with extra ocean shells handcast, Pentair MasterTemp 400, my remodel

3. Back To Top    #3

That is what I thought. Thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

Deck of seal probably wouldn't work, since it would flow out of the joint. It is self leveling. I would say, the same grout used between the stones is needed.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir