Greetings From Arlington, TX!

Mar 24, 2017
Arlington/Tx
Greeting from Arlington TX! This is indeed my first rodeo when it comes to pools. I have never owned one nor have I ever worked on one. So I am so thankful to have found y'all! I've done some reading already and it has proved itself to be very useful even for a beginner like me. I look forward to learning how to properly care for our pool with y'alls help! Hopefully I will be able to help a newbie in the future!

B,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all new pool owners... :snorkle:

Just wanted say hi and give you a little heads up on your SWCG...

We both have the same basic size pool, so I noticed that your SWCG is an IC20. If you have read this site much you will see that we always recommend that the SWCG be about 2 x the volume of the pool. This makes your SWCG about half the size we suggest..

This does not mean it will not work, but you will need to keep an eye on your FC levels as the summer gets here... In the peak summer period, you might find that you will have help the SWCG maintain your chlorine level by adding some Liquid Chlorine or bleach. Then again, you might not, as each pool is a little different. Just didn't want you to think your SWCG was "bad" if it can't keep up...

Thanks for posting and joining the TFP crowd in the DFW area...

Jim R.

Jim,

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post and point out the SWCG recommendation! I actually 'assumed' that it was a IC20 because I thought that the book that came with it called out the max pool size in gallons and I thought I read 20,000 gal. I will verify once I get back home. If you don't mind me asking you, what testing kit do you use? I have a basic one that allows me to test for pH, FC and Total, Acid demand, and a couple of other things that escape my memory now.

Again thanks for the 'heads up'!

Regards,
Marcos

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! I look forward to learning all this stuff!

Regards,
Marcos (bamamojo)

Marcos,

I use the TF-100 with Speed-Stir and Sample Sizer.. The main reason to use this specific kit is because when asking for help on this forum, it is essential to be able to compare apples to apples.

If you use a different test kit, it is very difficult for us to be able to provide accurate feedback.

I'll bet you've got the IC40, but you need to double check..

Thanks,

Jim R.