Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool water treatment

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Pool water treatment

Good day to all
    One question, how do I test the hydrogen peroxide level in my pool water.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool water treatment

The better question is, why is there peroxide in your pool???

Is this a Baquacil pool?
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I added a product "sudden blue" which is based on hydrogen peroxide. One Liter per 10 000L treatment.

4. Back To Top    #4

If there's chlorine in the pool then it's sort of pointless to add peroxide as the two will simply annihilate one another. Peroxide does not last very long in water and will not maintain a residual level for very long.

If you have a pool store near you that sells Baquacil products, then they may have test strips you can purchase for peroxide. However, just leaving the pool alone for a few days and adding chlorine back in (if this is a chlorine pool) will remove any peroxide.

By the way, peroxide is what caused the pool disaster at the last Olympic Games. The pool operator decided to add peroxide to deal with some high CC levels and the peroxide destroyed all of the chlorine and caused an algae bloom. Swimmers and divers had to use a green pool...

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates