wait on taylor test kit?

aqualicious

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone, I'm Julie.

My husband and I are installing a 21' round AGP. We've built a fence, have gotten electrical done and have leveled a 23' circle in our yard. We are doing all the work by ourselves, learning as we go along. Now we have 4 days of rain in the forecast. Hopefully by next week we can put the pool up. All this pool stuff is very new to us and we are abit overwhelmed.

We live near Waterloo, Canada. I'm interested in the BBB method to save money and have a trouble free pool. I've tried to find reasonably priced Taylor test kits here in Canada but what I've found is the K-2005C for $238 and the the Taylor 2006 for over $400. :eek:

We are planning a roadtrip to Florida in November. Does it make sense to do pool store chemicals for one summer and pick up a taylor test kit in Florida. Are the test kits easy to find?

Thanks for your help

Welcome to TFP.

One summer of pool store chemicals can get your CYA too high. The good kits aren't often available in stores, although your odds would probably be better in Florida.

where are you going in florida? I had no luck finding it here, but I did buy one online and return it to my local store cause I got sick of waiting for it to ship. I ordered a TF-100 in the meantime and it got here before the k-2006.

I have taken the plunge and the 2006 has been ordered from Apollo pools. I'm not sure how long it will take to ship. It says by expresspost....but if we get our pool up on Monday and filled by Tuesday....what do I do between then and receiving the kit?

aqualicious said:
We will be in the orlando and Fort lauderdale areas.

Thanks for the apollo pools link. Will look into it.
I lived in Ft. Laud. for many years until moving to the Oldest City about 5 years ago. If you get the chance drive up to St. Augustine. It's only about 2 hours from Orlando (if you are going to be visiting Mickey Rat :wink: ) The history here is incredible and so are the ghost tours! You can even get a glass of water at the REAL Fountain of Youth that was discovered by Ponce de Leon! I came up here on vacation to go camping in Anastasia State park in 2003 and fell in love with it. (Fort Lauderdale had become too yuppified and they built too many high rises downtown for my liking. Anyway, the town was NOT the same after they got rid of Spring Break! Big Mistake, IMHO.) I said I would be living here within a year. I closed on my hours in the Vilano Beach/North Beach area 13 months later! It's certainly worth the day trip from Orlando to check out the New World's Oldest City!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
aqualicious said:
Wow! I ordered the kit yesterday afternoon and guess what was waiting for me at home today? My kit....and the pool is not even up yet.

I must say that was super fast service from Apollo Pools.
Told you they were the ones to order from! :goodjob:

Did you get the magnetic stirrer also?
It's worth every penny!

aqualicious said:
I did not get the stirrer. The budget as this point is stretched to the limit. Am I not able to stir and swirl myself?
You are but using a magnetic stirrer really does make the testing go faster and easier. It's a worthwhile investment once the budget permits!
Once you get familiar with the forum you will find out that I am one of the first ones to call a dubious product snake oil but when something works I really endorse it. The stirrer works!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.