DIY cast Scupper Bowls?

Dec 10, 2016
Austin, TX
Anyone ever try to cast your own scupper bowls?

I am thinking of trying it out. I need extra large ones because I plan to have lighted bubblers in them and I want to not lose too much water.

I was looking at using a product like this:

Z Liqui-Crete (add mix)

If you look at the videos, the product looks to pour better than most dry mix products.

I would just have to make a mold.

I am still trying to figure out how I want to make a mold. Wood for a square shape, foam with a hot wire for round shapes, fiberglass over foam, still researching.......

Any ideas? Examples? Web links?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone ever try to cast your own scupper bowls?

I am thinking of trying it out. I need extra large ones because I plan to have lighted bubblers in them and I want to not lose too much water.

I was looking at using a product like this:

Z Liqui-Crete (add mix)

If you look at the videos, the product looks to pour better than most dry mix products.

I would just have to make a mold.

I am still trying to figure out how I want to make a mold. Wood for a square shape, foam with a hot wire for round shapes, fiberglass over foam, still researching.......

Any ideas? Examples? Web links?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neat idea. Try searching on you tube for making a concrete sink. I was watching some on concrete counter tops, and one popped up that showed a guy casting a custom sink. I'd think this would be somewhat similar. IIRC, they used some high density foam, and cut/shaped it. It was very interesting, and not out of the realm of DIY.

Definitely share some pictures of whatever you do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.