Drained pool and finally got my CYA down. Now what?

Mar 21, 2017
Duncan, Oklhoma
I'm new to this so I definitely don't want to add anything to the pool without first getting yalls advice! Cya was at 80 but I drained have the pool and got it down to about 45.

FC 1
CC 1
PH 7.6
TA 160
CYA 45

So what should I do next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your new numbers are looking better, but the elevated CC would indicate your pool has some excess organics struggling to be oxidized. Your FC is also quite low. For now, consider your CYA as "50". Elevate your FC to about "8" for now. Keep the FC at 8 for about a day or two and re-test the CC each day. If the CC remains above 0.5, then you might consider doing an overnight (OCLT) test to ensure there is no algae trying to form.

Simply elevating the FC to 8 might do the trick though. Let's ensure your pool is algae-free and can remove those excess CCs first, then we can help you address lowering the TA a little if needed (later). Hope that helps.

Sure. Liquid chlorine, laundry bleach, and liquid pool shock are all the same thing. Use what you have for now, and then later shop for whichever is the better value. I typically use regular (plain) bleach from the local grocery store or Wal-Mart (Great Value). Just make sure it's "plain/regular". No scented or splashless products. :)

The water is seafoam green. I don't know what could possibly be eating it up. The past week it has been 65-70 degrees. And I just added a brand new bottle of liquid chlorine that I bought from Walmart a week ago. Ugh this pool is going to be the bane of my existence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.