Pool Math........The App

quick dumb question or two - I am a semi-luddite - I have a win 7 pc and some kind of kindle tablet thingy (like the precision there?) and a dumb flip phone. Am I correct in my conclusion that I can not use any of these apps? That I just need to stick with the TFP sites pool math calculator and paper notes? That is not a problem for me but I was wanting to give a try to anything new (especially if it would keep the info in a memory somehow) but just thought I would check.

quick dumb question or two - I am a semi-luddite - I have a win 7 pc and some kind of kindle tablet thingy (like the precision there?) and a dumb flip phone. Am I correct in my conclusion that I can not use any of these apps? That I just need to stick with the TFP sites pool math calculator and paper notes? That is not a problem for me but I was wanting to give a try to anything new (especially if it would keep the info in a memory somehow) but just thought I would check.

Yep.

PoolMath app is not available on any Kindle device. You need a smartphone (iPhone or Android phone) to use the App on a mobile device. The App will also work on iPads and Android tablets (Samsung, etc).

Just renewed my subscription. I really like the ease of using the App and want to continue supporting its development. My biggest wish is that when I get recommended dosages in quarts, or similar, that I be able to enter a different amount but the same unit of measure as used in the recommendation. Thanks for listening!

If I’m understanding your comment,

You’re saying how in the chemical additions it keeps defaulting to milliters rather than the last unit of measurement you used, ie gallons or ounces?

If that’s what you’re saying, you can toss eggs at me as I messed up. :) That will be fixed next update.

If I’m understanding your comment,

You’re saying how in the chemical additions it keeps defaulting to milliters rather than the last unit of measurement you used, ie gallons or ounces?

If that’s what you’re saying, you can toss eggs at me as I messed up. :) That will be fixed next update.

I won't throw eggs, though I look forward to the update! Use the last unit of measurement, and remember the % value of bleach I put in last time, as an example.

Love the app... it's part of my daily ritual. Thank you so much for the continued effort.

FWIW, app does remember the % bleach I'm using. I'm using App on an iPhone 6S. When app provides the amount of additions, it's in various measures. I use the qts/cups/ounces setting as my measuring pot is one quart. When I go to log the chemical addition, I have to use ounces. Quarts is not an available unit of measure. Hope this is clearer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FWIW, app does remember the % bleach I'm using. I'm using App on an iPhone 6S. When app provides the amount of additions, it's in various measures. I use the qts/cups/ounces setting as my measuring pot is one quart. When I go to log the chemical addition, I have to use ounces. Quarts is not an available unit of measure. Hope this is clearer.

Okay, used the app again just now to log some tests and an addition. If "quarts" could be added to the additions choices, that would be helpful. Gallons is a choice; recommended dosages are given in Gallons/qts/cups. Only way to enter with precision is then to use ounces. An alternative would be to provide the ounces in parans after gallons/qts/cups recommendation. HTH.

When calculating to add borates, it seems you cannot select the acid strength to counteract? It's locked at 31.45 - currently I'm using 29% as it was a better value with the Leslie's sale and coupon. I can convert the math manually but it seems like something that should be selectable.

[emoji41]

I have a cya level of 75 in my SWG pool. The poolmath app recommends a FC range of 4 to 11 ppm, with a default target of 5 ppm. The web based poolmath no longer lists a fc range. It simply lists the minimum and target. Where is the app getting the recommended maximum. Why does the web based poolmath no longer list a range?

I try to set my pool levels at the middle of the various ranges. Given the app’s range of 4 to 11, I would set my preferred fc level to about 8 ppm. The app does not allow me to permanently set my desired fc level. Is this restriction deliberate or and error in the app?

p.s. The cya/fc chart does not list a range for SWG pools either.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.