Pool Math........The App

I'm curious how this whole pricing thing will work itself out. As it stands, I wouldn't pay $8 for it I don't think, must less $8 yearly. I'm not saying it isn't valuable, and super handy, just I've never paid much for apps. This one is different in that it'll have continued development, and will be useful, so we'll see. I just don't know if it'll be that useful to me $ wise since I can usually remember where my important numbers were. I could see $8 once, but I also see the need to have continued cash flow, so I wouldn't be opposed to $4/yr.

Well, I'm in regardless of pricing. This site has saved me at least a grand over the years since I started here. The only thing coming from a pool store this year is a skimmer basket. I'll finally be able to retire the tired old laptop that only gets used for the excel spreadsheet I use now. Thanks for all the hard work on making this happen!

I have been catching up on this as I have not been following this post. I was a bit surprised at the suggestion of a subscription pricing. I am kind of on the fence about it. It was broken down into a daily price for its use. It could be broken down to a monthly price for the subscription. Here in NE Ohio our swim season is short, with luck we can get 3 months of good swim time, stretch it to 5 months with spotty days in spring and fall. That means we won't use the app for a big chunk of the year. I suspect we won't even look at it. The drives up the daily cost or monthly cost to a lot more for us who have limited use for it. Just throwing that out there, since I am on the fence about it. I would love to see it as a one time pay or a lower yearly fee. Not sure if it would be that worth it to me.

I'm super bummed. My data is lost. Hopefully the new non beta version will have backup options. Do I reconfigure everything and start over, or do I wait for the app to come out?

Acmfl and all who lost data,

I am greatly sorry. Right now we are working to fix the bug that caused lost data and other issues the have plagued us for the last few days. While I wish I could say we can restore your data, it's very unlikely that's gonna occur.

That said, you have every right to be bummed, even in Beta that shouldn't have happened. It seems like everything that got touched since last Thursday didn't wanna work at all. While I could give excuses why this happened none will go very far. This event has pushed us to making the import/export feature a priority. It's likely not gonna make launch but hopefully will hit shortly after. Regardless how you login or how much you pay your data needs to be safe. Giving you the option to save it yourself will only add another backup for future issues.

I am greatly sorry for the errors.
Lee

Leebo,
You are the first developer I've seen to apologize for a beta boo-boo. I've run betas where the app blew up, lost data and worse...so no big deal...it was a beta app. The beta concept worked.....losing data was a flaw uncovered, developers will fix it and move on. So keep up the great work!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Spots for the public beta are currently closed as we address a few issues that came up this last week. You may luck out and download the App but there's a good possibility you won't be able to start a new account until the App goes live.

Acmfl and all who lost data,

I am greatly sorry. Right now we are working to fix the bug that caused lost data and other issues the have plagued us for the last few days. While I wish I could say we can restore your data, it's very unlikely that's gonna occur.

That said, you have every right to be bummed, even in Beta that shouldn't have happened. It seems like everything that got touched since last Thursday didn't wanna work at all. While I could give excuses why this happened none will go very far. This event has pushed us to making the import/export feature a priority. It's likely not gonna make launch but hopefully will hit shortly after. Regardless how you login or how much you pay your data needs to be safe. Giving you the option to save it yourself will only add another backup for future issues.

I am greatly sorry for the errors.
Lee
It's all good. I was able to use it long enough that I think I have a handle now on my daily chlorine usage. I have been putting in roughly 6c 10% chlorine every 2 days or so.

FWIW, I haven't lost data (yet?). Good reminder for me to continue logging into my spreadsheet. I have noticed a red dot in the app's icon that does not seem to go away, which it did previously. I understood the dot to mean an updated version had been installed.

FWIW, I haven't lost data (yet?). Good reminder for me to continue logging into my spreadsheet. I have noticed a red dot in the app's icon that does not seem to go away, which it did previously. I understood the dot to mean an updated version had been installed.

The orange dot next to an app signifies it's a beta version installed through TestFlight. A blue dot indicates a normal app that has been newly installed or updated. On Apps that are approved for release, the blue dot goes away once you open the app. In TestFlight beta apps, the orange dot is permanent.

Is there a way to change the CYA number the FC calculator uses while in the overview section of the app? If not, I think that would be a good addition. It would be more like the online version of pool math. Like right now my last test for CYA came back 50. I have a SWG, so I added CYA to get it to 80. I have not tested it yet because its only been a few days, so the app still uses the 50 for CYA because I haven't put in a new test result. I'd like to be able to tinker with numbers in a "what if" scenario like you can in the online calculator without having to create a new test result to fake out the app. I'm thinking maybe a little box showing current numbers that affect that parameter in each section. So, if you go into FC you would have a little box showing your previous CYA test entry, and another box that you could enter numbers in to see how it would change your recommended FC range.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.