Pool Math........The App

Can you please follow the steps in this post above. Errors during iCloud restored are very common and can frequently be addressed by a delete/reinstall.

To the best of my knowledge there’s no reason the App won’t work on the new iPhone. I’ve contacted the developer for a clearer answer and will respond if he says different.

More likely was an error somewhere along the way during the transfer from your old device to your new one. It’s likely somewhere there was a glitch in iCloud causing the App to have an error. Can you try to delete the App and reinstall from the App Store?

Let us know if that works. If it doesn’t please email me at [email protected].

i had to delete and reinstall app. i back up on my mac not iCloud. working now. but found another issue. if you put in numbers for csi and u put in a 9.0 for ph you get a csi of a positive .87. once you go over 9.0 the number suddenly becomes -1.0? should be positive cause u went up more. my ph is off the wall cause i'm closed for winter and it's newer plaster. but i think there is something wrong with app.

temp 50
cya 60
ch 450
ta 60
fc 17.5
ph 9.2

gives me -1.0

but if i use all these same numbers and lower ph to 9.0 it's suddenly .87

thanks,
jim

Lee will need to be more specific but since our recommended testing methods do not allow you test pH above 8.2 I would assume the system throws an error with that high of a pH entered.

Take care.

would be nice if it is broke it can be fixed for us northerners who close. i mean it will hopefully only be an issue this year cause of the plaster being new. i don't think pool math puts out the right amount of acid to drop also when you put in 9 for ph. it seems very low.

if broke can we get a fix pretty please! :)

The kit from trouble free but I also have a digital meter. I know it’s a bit off cause of the cold weather but I️ used it to give me a ball park to get me back on the chart at or below 8.2 to get an accurate reading. I’m back at 7.5 now after mixIng. I knew I was way above 8.2 so the meter gave me a starting point. I know I prob wasn’t at 9 but i knew i was above 8.2.

I would not trust your pH sensor with FC levels that high. Chlorine is a known poison to pH probes and a cheap pH meter will almost surely be affected by high FC levels.

As for CSI calculations, pH values above 8.5 are unrealistic in pools. No pool should be allowed to get that high in pH. Once you go above a pH if 8.5, carbonate ion (CO3^2-) dominates and bicarbonate ion (HCO3^1-) concentrations crash. The CSI calculations in PoolMath assume that bicarbonate is the main buffer and ignores carbonate. Since the CSI cakciukation involves the logarithm of a ratio of calcium ion concentration to bicarbonate ion concentration, driving the bicarbonate value towards zero will cause nonsensical results.

I would not trust your pH sensor with FC levels that high. Chlorine is a known poison to pH probes and a cheap pH meter will almost surely be affected by high FC levels.

As for CSI calculations, pH values above 8.5 are unrealistic in pools. No pool should be allowed to get that high in pH. Once you go above a pH if 8.5, carbonate ion (CO3^2-) dominates and bicarbonate ion (HCO3^1-) concentrations crash. The CSI calculations in PoolMath assume that bicarbonate is the main buffer and ignores carbonate. Since the CSI cakciukation involves the logarithm of a ratio of calcium ion concentration to bicarbonate ion concentration, driving the bicarbonate value towards zero will cause nonsensical results.

i said above I didn’t rely on the probe. Used it to ball park cause the drops only go up to 8.2 readings. I can’t help the ph getting high. I live in a winter area and we need to close. I have new plaster so unless I take the cover off weekly this is going to have to do I guess. And once the water freezes all bets are off cause I won’t be able to drop in acid most likely or if the cover gets snow covered.

Anyway i I have another thread started in testing about this all. Since this is the app thread.

But I am worried about all this. All I know if right now my ph is back down and my fc is back up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Glad you have a thread on your challenges; you definitely want to get it balanced before the rest of winter.

Hopefully everyone knows PoolMath works up to pH of 8.2.

Just a shout-out about how perfect this App is working for me. I do three family pools, and this is brilliant. So easy to know which tests haven't been done for a while, determining my spring CYA additions, seeing the trend on the Logs page, tracking filters, robot cleaning, brushing... Love it!!!

Hi - I like using the app. Feature suggestion: can you add Trichlor as an option inside CYA, when calculating how much I need to raise my CYA? I see Dry Stabilizer and Liquid Stabilizer but as I have Trichlor Pucks I would appreciate being able to do that on the app (rather than having to go inside to use PoolMath web version and figure out how many pucks I need!) Thanks!

Over the last few the developer and I have taken a break as we completed additional projects. We both have a few items to complete but we expect to get back to working on some items very soon.

Stil no solution for decimal value outside USA. Entering 7,7 or 7.7 still gets 77. Not able to use app (let alone paying for it)
I know you are all busy but PLEASE SOLVE THIS!
Would also be nice if I would be able to paste username and password to login.

Can you please verify you are running the newest version of the App and your operating system is updated as well. If both are updated and you’re still experiencing the issue please email us at [email protected]

To All:
The developer and I have stepped away from this project the last few months as we focus on other items. October and November is the developers busy time at his full time job while I’ve been sidetracked with completing the new Pool School eBook. Over the last few weeks we’ve started back up on version 2 of Pool Math. We thank each of you for your support and ideas.

Hello,

I am very sorry for the issue. I have responded to your email requesting some additional information for us to assist you. Can you please check for this email and respond there?

Lee

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.