Pool Math........The App

App yesterday and today opens and then crashes. Have rebooted phone but still happens. Apple device
Can you please email is at [email protected] to help you address this issue? There are multiple different things that could be causing issues. In this email please include your device type, Operating system, and any steps you’re taking when the crash occurs.

I’m having the same problem, but thought it was caused because I’m running the iOS 11 beta on my iPhone 6s+.

I can’t get the app to stay open and running.

It does seem to allow me to open it if I do a hard reset, but then only once.

Keep in mind iOS11 is VERY buggy and nowhere close to a stable operating system. Many of the errors in iOS11 “could” cause errors opening/closing Apps. For example, until the last update force touch would crash Pool Math however after Apple updated iOS11 the crash went away despite no changes to Pool Math itself.

That said, can you too email us what steps you’re taking so we can track down the cause of this crash?

Lee

Can you please email is at [email protected] to help you address this issue? There are multiple different things that could be causing issues. In this email please include your device type, Operating system, and any steps you’re taking when the crash occurs.

Keep in mind iOS11 is VERY buggy and nowhere close to a stable operating system. Many of the errors in iOS11 “could” cause errors opening/closing Apps. For example, until the last update force touch would crash Pool Math however after Apple updated iOS11 the crash went away despite no changes to Pool Math itself.

That said, can you too email us what steps you’re taking so we can track down the cause of this crash?

Lee

I understand that Lee, but when I saw the other poster having a similar issue, I brought it up. I have a screen capture (ios11) feature of what is happening I can email you.

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to thank the creators of the Pool Math app. I'm a newbie pool owner and newly subscribed to TFP. I've been absorbing as much information as I can reading these forums and having bought the TF-100 test kit I was looking for a place to store my test results. The timing of the release of this app couldn't have been more perfect! The way I see it, TFP has already saved me enough in chemicals to pay for the subscription many times over, so buying a subscription was pretty much a no-brainer for me. Already have 21 various tests stored, including 8 OCLT spanning 4 nights during my SLAM. I passed the first night OCLT, but I couldn't stop testing, I love seeing the data!

The app is very easy to use and works great on my iPhone. Kudos to the authors!

I wish I could end it all on a positive note, but there is one wish list item and a bug fix I'd love to see addressed. Is there a separate thread we should use?

Looking forward to the updates!

Jason

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool Math App - can we customize FC?

Hi, Hopefully this doesn't double post. My session timed out and my last post seems to have been discarded when I submitted it.

I installed the newly released version of Pool Math (version 133) on iOS and found that, for my configuration of Vinyl and SWG it shows recommended Free Chlorine amount of between 1-3 ppm.

However from the other posts I've read on Trouble Free Pool I've been using a FC amount of 4-6 ppm.

Is there any way to customize the app's FC recommendation as I can already do with Salt, Borates, etc?

Thanks!

Marc

Hi, Hopefully this doesn't double post. My session timed out and my last post seems to have been discarded when I submitted it.

I installed the newly released version of Pool Math (version 133) on iOS and found that, for my configuration of Vinyl and SWG it shows recommended Free Chlorine amount of between 1-3 ppm.

However from the other posts I've read on Trouble Free Pool I've been using a FC amount of 4-6 ppm.

Is there any way to customize the app's FC recommendation as I can already do with Salt, Borates, etc?

Thanks!

Marc

Yes much like Marc I just went from the Beta to a premium subscription on the app and the beta had 5 ppm FC as the goal and the premium mode now has like 10?

This is for vinyl swg setting.

Also what happened with the log for Combined Chlorine

Can you two please email me at [email protected] as I’d like to look further into this. It’s hard for me to suggest errors or suggestions as this issue is tied into other factors that vary, mainly your CYA setting.

Lee

I just downloaded an update in the iOS App Store. Looks like bug fixes.

For starters, WELCOME TO TFP!!!
This last iOS and Android update contained mostly bug updates as mentioned. We’re working little by little to reduce any errors across all devices. Mainly this update addressed an issue that caused the App to crash when importing backups or csv files. One minor update though that came from ATinyMouse was to override the “sleep” feature on your device when entering test results. I have my phone set to sleep after .30 seconds of inactivity. This makes entering test results one by one a pain as I kept having to unlock my phone. My phone is unlocked via thumbprint and was always a pain to open with wet fingers. Now, open the test entry page and preform your tests one by one as your device won’t sleep until you leave the logger.

Great idea TinyMouse!!!!

I upgraded the app as soon as it was available. I didn't realize the suggestion would have been implemented so quickly! The last couple of tests I logged I followed my standard procedure of touching the screen every few seconds... :)

Hopefully others will find it as useful as you and I will!

Looking forward to continued improvements.

Jason

Lee

It has been a week since i have heard anything, in the process of doing what i was asked to do i have lost all my data, and my subscription. :(

It has been a week since i have heard anything, in the process of doing what i was asked to do i have lost all my data, and my subscription. :(

Jason,
If you can respond to the ticket with your “Account ID” found in the About TFP section Jon can view more about your account. As is we cannot See the details without this ID number.

We’re sorry for this, but we’ll get you squared away.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.