Re: Pool Math........The App

Great little app! So far all is working great on Iphone 6s
    I have a 20,000L, intex, round above ground vinyl pool
    Sand filter
    Clear Choice Test Kit
    Live in Capel WA

2. Back To Top    #1022

the app isn't running on an iPhone X with 11.1.1. i have most current app version installed.

i think it's broke.

jim
    35x23/20 free form gunite 3.5-6 feet water. approx. 20,000 gallons. no spa or water features. 2 skim, 2 ret, floor ret, floor return. 2 inch solid. suction cleaning line. 1.5 inch solid. super blue diamond brite. NPT Gemstone Blue 2x2 with custom waterjet cut Disney Mickey markers. all pentair equipment. master temp 300,000 BTU. de 60. inteliflo 3.0 VS. swg ic40. 3 globrite LED lights. easy touch 4 with screen logic. tf-100/ salt kit

3. Back To Top    #1023

Can you please follow the steps in this post above. Errors during iCloud restored are very common and can frequently be addressed by a delete/reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    To the best of my knowledge there’s no reason the App won’t work on the new iPhone. I’ve contacted the developer for a clearer answer and will respond if he says different.

More likely was an error somewhere along the way during the transfer from your old device to your new one. It’s likely somewhere there was a glitch in iCloud causing the App to have an error. Can you try to delete the App and reinstall from the App Store?

Let us know if that works. If it doesn’t please email me at poolmath@troublefreepool.com.

4. Back To Top    #1024

i had to delete and reinstall app. i back up on my mac not iCloud. working now. but found another issue. if you put in numbers for csi and u put in a 9.0 for ph you get a csi of a positive .87. once you go over 9.0 the number suddenly becomes -1.0? should be positive cause u went up more. my ph is off the wall cause i'm closed for winter and it's newer plaster. but i think there is something wrong with app.

temp 50
    cya 60
    ch 450
    ta 60
    fc 17.5
    ph 9.2

gives me -1.0

but if i use all these same numbers and lower ph to 9.0 it's suddenly .87

thanks,
    jim
    35x23/20 free form gunite 3.5-6 feet water. approx. 20,000 gallons. no spa or water features. 2 skim, 2 ret, floor ret, floor return. 2 inch solid. suction cleaning line. 1.5 inch solid. super blue diamond brite. NPT Gemstone Blue 2x2 with custom waterjet cut Disney Mickey markers. all pentair equipment. master temp 300,000 BTU. de 60. inteliflo 3.0 VS. swg ic40. 3 globrite LED lights. easy touch 4 with screen logic. tf-100/ salt kit

5. Back To Top    #1025

Lee will need to be more specific but since our recommended testing methods do not allow you test pH above 8.2 I would assume the system throws an error with that high of a pH entered.

Take care.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa
    Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflow 3050VS Pump and Pentair HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    Marty

6. Back To Top    #1026

would be nice if it is broke it can be fixed for us northerners who close. i mean it will hopefully only be an issue this year cause of the plaster being new. i don't think pool math puts out the right amount of acid to drop also when you put in 9 for ph. it seems very low.

if broke can we get a fix pretty please!

7. Back To Top    #1027

What may I ask are you testing with?

8. Back To Top    #1028

The kit from trouble free but I also have a digital meter. I know it’s a bit off cause of the cold weather but I️ used it to give me a ball park to get me back on the chart at or below 8.2 to get an accurate reading. I’m back at 7.5 now after mixIng. I knew I was way above 8.2 so the meter gave me a starting point. I know I prob wasn’t at 9 but i knew i was above 8.2.

9. Back To Top    #1029

I would not trust your pH sensor with FC levels that high. Chlorine is a known poison to pH probes and a cheap pH meter will almost surely be affected by high FC levels.

As for CSI calculations, pH values above 8.5 are unrealistic in pools. No pool should be allowed to get that high in pH. Once you go above a pH if 8.5, carbonate ion (CO3^2-) dominates and bicarbonate ion (HCO3^1-) concentrations crash. The CSI calculations in PoolMath assume that bicarbonate is the main buffer and ignores carbonate. Since the CSI cakciukation involves the logarithm of a ratio of calcium ion concentration to bicarbonate ion concentration, driving the bicarbonate value towards zero will cause nonsensical results.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

10. Back To Top    #1030

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    I would not trust your pH sensor with FC levels that high. Chlorine is a known poison to pH probes and a cheap pH meter will almost surely be affected by high FC levels.

As for CSI calculations, pH values above 8.5 are unrealistic in pools. No pool should be allowed to get that high in pH. Once you go above a pH if 8.5, carbonate ion (CO3^2-) dominates and bicarbonate ion (HCO3^1-) concentrations crash. The CSI calculations in PoolMath assume that bicarbonate is the main buffer and ignores carbonate. Since the CSI cakciukation involves the logarithm of a ratio of calcium ion concentration to bicarbonate ion concentration, driving the bicarbonate value towards zero will cause nonsensical results.
    i said above I didn’t rely on the probe. Used it to ball park cause the drops only go up to 8.2 readings. I can’t help the ph getting high. I live in a winter area and we need to close. I have new plaster so unless I take the cover off weekly this is going to have to do I guess. And once the water freezes all bets are off cause I won’t be able to drop in acid most likely or if the cover gets snow covered.

Anyway i I have another thread started in testing about this all. Since this is the app thread.

But I am worried about all this. All I know if right now my ph is back down and my fc is back up.

11. Back To Top    #1031

Glad you have a thread on your challenges; you definitely want to get it balanced before the rest of winter.

Hopefully everyone knows PoolMath works up to pH of 8.2.

Just a shout-out about how perfect this App is working for me. I do three family pools, and this is brilliant. So easy to know which tests haven't been done for a while, determining my spring CYA additions, seeing the trend on the Logs page, tracking filters, robot cleaning, brushing... Love it!!!
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

12. Back To Top    #1032

Hi - I like using the app. Feature suggestion: can you add Trichlor as an option inside CYA, when calculating how much I need to raise my CYA? I see Dry Stabilizer and Liquid Stabilizer but as I have Trichlor Pucks I would appreciate being able to do that on the app (rather than having to go inside to use PoolMath web version and figure out how many pucks I need!) Thanks!
    15.6k gal gunite, Large waterfall w/ grotto, + 4 small waterfalls. Intelliflow 3050 vs+svrs, Pentair DE filter (60 sq ft), 400k BTU Pentair gas heater, TF-100 test kit, Active 30i robot, two bottom drains, 2 skimmers. Pool Miser auto fill from house side tap (PVC). [RB320 Automatic chlorinator not in use except rare occassions to use Tri pucks to raise CYA]

13. Back To Top    #1033

Over the last few the developer and I have taken a break as we completed additional projects. We both have a few items to complete but we expect to get back to working on some items very soon.

14. Back To Top    #1034

I did the uninstall and reinstall and not only is it working now...but it didnít lose my previous numbers that were saved in history. Thanks for this.
    Brian, Richardson TX. 25K Plaster Pool, 1.5 HP Pump, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 HP Booster Pump, 325 sq ft Cart Filter. This is my 3rd pool to convert to BBB method.

15. Back To Top    #1035

Stil no solution for decimal value outside USA. Entering 7,7 or 7.7 still gets 77. Not able to use app (let alone paying for it)
    I know you are all busy but PLEASE SOLVE THIS!
    Would also be nice if I would be able to paste username and password to login.
    Arctic Spa Klondike Legend SE
    AG / Filter Cardtrige 50m2/ TFP / borates / TF100
    478 gallon @ 99.5-103.1 F Depending on season
    Ozonator disconnected

16. Back To Top    #1036

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2014 View Post
    Stil no solution for decimal value outside USA. Entering 7,7 or 7.7 still gets 77. Not able to use app (let alone paying for it)
    I know you are all busy but PLEASE SOLVE THIS!
    Would also be nice if I would be able to paste username and password to login.
    Can you please verify you are running the newest version of the App and your operating system is updated as well. If both are updated and you’re still experiencing the issue please email us at poolmath@troublefreepool.com

To All:
    The developer and I have stepped away from this project the last few months as we focus on other items. October and November is the developers busy time at his full time job while I’ve been sidetracked with completing the new Pool School eBook. Over the last few weeks we’ve started back up on version 2 of Pool Math. We thank each of you for your support and ideas.

17. Back To Top    #1037

App is latest version, even removed and installed again.
    Android is 6.0. 1 Dutch on Samsung S7
    Arctic Spa Klondike Legend SE
    AG / Filter Cardtrige 50m2/ TFP / borates / TF100
    478 gallon @ 99.5-103.1 F Depending on season
    Ozonator disconnected

18. Back To Top    #1038

Bought 1 year sup to App on Nov 16th, still canít get it to see subscription. Can anyone help?

1) uninstalled reinstalled twice already

19. Back To Top    #1039

Hello,

I am very sorry for the issue. I have responded to your email requesting some additional information for us to assist you. Can you please check for this email and respond there?

Lee

20. Back To Top    #1040

Same problem here, with Android 8.1.0 in French Canadian. Unable to input a decimal value.