Pool Math........The App

So hey, just wondering about everyone's thoughts. Do you like it to be graphically pleasing with lots of space between numbers and letters, or would you like to see more of your data on the screen?

I prefer the layout as it is currently implemented. If I want to crunch numbers and see lots of data, then I just use the CSV export function and read it into excel. I have a Microsoft360 account so I get the App’ified version of Excel on my phone that I can quickly read the file in to and then graph the data.

Excellent point(s) Lee!

Having willingly banished myself from using the Tapatalk App (after being appropriately nudged by someone), I can honestly say that Summertime Blues has reinforced my utter hatred and disdain for mobile Web apps. Sure, they may be easier on the development and release side, but mobile web apps routinely stink when it comes to user interface / user experience issues. Having to scroll around on a website and deal with screen size variance between devices is torture for the end user in my opinion.

Perhaps someday you’ll change your mind and have the PoolMath App developed with an integrated TFP forum reader/posting interface :poke: :laughblue:

Hello,

I've been using PoolMath to manage our new pool for several months now and love it. However, recently my wife posted some measurements from her phone and the app on my phone did not update. I tried logging out/logging in and uninstalling/reinstalling the app on my phone....no dice. Now the app will not authenticate me even though I'm positive my credentials are correct. I'm running iOS v11.2.6 and PoolMath v134 (238). Not sure where/how to get support for the app, so I thought I'd try here....

Please help!

Thanks,

Gibby

Hello,

I've been using PoolMath to manage our new pool for several months now and love it. However, recently my wife posted some measurements from her phone and the app on my phone did not update. I tried logging out/logging in and uninstalling/reinstalling the app on my phone....no dice. Now the app will not authenticate me even though I'm positive my credentials are correct. I'm running iOS v11.2.6 and PoolMath v134 (238). Not sure where/how to get support for the app, so I thought I'd try here....

Please help!

Thanks,

Gibby

Thanks for using the App!!!

Can you please email us at [email protected] so we can assist you further?

Hello,
We have had intermittent hardware issues today that’s resulting in some users having difficulty logging in. I just tested on my device and was able to login. Can you please try logging into your account and let me know if it works.

Lee

Recently noticed that Pool Math app on iOS crashes/closes immediately after you input your readings and tap save.

However upon reopening the opp, it appears the results previously saved are in fact committed to the database.

After using the app for a while now, I have some feature suggestions/requests. Maybe they have already been mentioned in the thread and if so here's another vote on the pile.

It would be neat to have graphs so that I can visually calculate the daily chlorine consumption or ph change or what-have-you.

Also I wish the individual value calculators would also spit out the resulting CSI on the same screen-- for instance in pH I set a target, it tells me how much of X add to get to the target. It would also be nice to know how that target value would impact CSI without having to fake a new log entry and see what the home screen says.

overall though, very happy with the purchase, no problems with the subscription model.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After using the app for a while now, I have some feature suggestions/requests. Maybe they have already been mentioned in the thread and if so here's another vote on the pile.

It would be neat to have graphs so that I can visually calculate the daily chlorine consumption or ph change or what-have-you.

Also I wish the individual value calculators would also spit out the resulting CSI on the same screen-- for instance in pH I set a target, it tells me how much of X add to get to the target. It would also be nice to know how that target value would impact CSI without having to fake a new log entry and see what the home screen says.

overall though, very happy with the purchase, no problems with the subscription model.

Graphs and visuals will probably be for a later update. It's on the list of To-Do's but, to do it right, takes quite a bit of work and is not simple to code. The developer is fully committed to making an App that shows graphical information but he is also a rather meticulous fellow and wants to make sure it's rock-solid and visually correct before releasing anything. If you really want to do graphs -- and I realize this is a bit of chore to suggest -- you can always export your data as a comma-separated value (CSV) data file and then import that into Excel to do graphical analysis. Yes, it's better to do that in an App but, as I said, our developer is trying to do the very best job he can and he would rather take his time to do it right then to just throw out something that is slap-dash. He's committed to this venture and it shows in his work product!

As for on-the-fly CSI calculations just go to the main Overview screen and tap the CSI chicklet. When you do that, you can change any of the values for pH, TA, CH, CYA, etc, etc, and you'll get an instant update of the CSI value. There's no need to create fake entries.

I’d like to take a second to update all on the progress to the PoolMath App. Over a year ago when development first started we had high hopes of software helping us in various parts of creating the App. This software was going to save a good bit of time plus give us some extra benefits as we went. I had made the call for this software to be used and it clearly was the wrong call. Instead we’re behind where we want to be and have had multiple issues along the way. I’d like to apologize for that and thank all of the users who have stuck with the App and supported us as we went. Your support has allowed us to keep working on the project and to create some updates that are to come out VERY soon.

Shortly TFP plans to launch an update to PoolMath for Android devices. After TFP is confident this update works correctly we plan on also updating iOS devices. As is we’ve got a working/stable version for BOTH operating systems however we want some control as we go. We want to push out an update to Android first as this allows us to verify all is working correctly on a mass scale and will allow us to quickly update things if any major issues occur. Additionally there is some moving around of Data that will occur as the user updates their App that we want to avoid allowing EVERYBODY to do all at once. Again, by pushing a version out to Android first we can slow down the rush to move data around and save some strain on our servers. I’m sorry to all you eager iOS users but you’ll need to wait just a few more days after Android gets their update.

I’d also like to share a few basic suggestions for users when updating ANY App. One suggestion I’d like to offer users is to frequently backup their data and ALWAYS backup your data before making updates. Even TFP backs up the entire website on a daily basis because we know failures occur. Please take advantage of the backup feature and save your data. To make a backup click on the Menu icon and then click “Backup Data.” Lastly I’d like users to take a second and make sure you know your login details of the App. It seems simple but you’d be surprised how frequently I see requests for password assistance and such. Make sure you know login details and that you’re using the right one. If you used Social Sign On please note you MUST use that login again otherwise your data will not be there.

Apple makes it very easy to backup an entire phone or iPad to a desktop computer using iTunes. Simply load iTunes onto whatever desktop machine you use (even if you don’t ever use Apple’s music services), make sure your iCloud account info is correct, plug in your phone and let iTunes create either a local backup of your device (iphone or iPad) or let it create an iCloud backup. Once you have a backup, you can make a new one once a month (or whatever works best) and restore any of the old versions of your phone as needed. Given how much personal info and data can get lost, there is absolutely no reason to NOT have a backup of your data.

Thanks for the update Lee! Version 2.0 of the PoolMath App will be a great springboard into future enhancements now that all the backend server/database programming is on a solid foundation. Many thanks to Jon for his incredible hard work and dedication to this project!!

I love the app and trying to upgrade now but I'm getting an error on IOS. Is there a glitch currently?

I’d like to first off thank you for the kind words! To our knowledge there is no errors with the subscription unless there’s something on Apple’s end. Can you please try again and if you continue to have issues email us at [email protected].

I thank you greatly for your support!

I’m having issues getting the app to load on my iPhone X. It shows the app opening (full screen logo) and then immediately crashes. I have an active subscription through September 2018 and I have no restrictions enabled on my phone. Is there a known issue? I have version 134 loaded on the phone and there are no updates listed beyond that on the App Store.

Yep, It was restrictions on my phone. Purchased the subscription. Thanks!

As a parent who with three daughters (two who own their own phone) I encourage you to turn those restrictions back on!!! Can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to deny some weird purchase the kids were trying to make.

I’m having issues getting the app to load on my iPhone X. It shows the app opening (full screen logo) and then immediately crashes. I have an active subscription through September 2018 and I have no restrictions enabled on my phone. Is there a known issue? I have version 134 loaded on the phone and there are no updates listed beyond that on the App Store.

To my knowledge there’s no issue at this time preventing the App to run on the iPhone X. That said we’ve seen a handful of users commenting on the same issue you’ve seen. Each have been able to get everything working again by deleting and reinstalling the App from the App Store. Try this and if you continue to have issues drop me an email. We’re sorry for the error and will make sure we get you going again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.