Pool Math........The App

Once launched there will be a version for both iOS and Android and we'll make sure they will be found easily. The majority of the screenshots so far have been from my iOS devices simply because I don't own any Android phones or tablets. Rest assure however a version for Droid is coming close to completion as well and should be launched this Spring.

This App has been my dream for over three years now and I dearly want it launched ASAP! I'm communicating daily with the developer who's doing this on the side to get this launched soon. The developer has a calm enough head however to know that if we launch a version with a TON of errors the majority will throw rocks at us and delete it from your device never to download it again. Heck, I know I do! We want to make sure we get a quality, stable product launched to make sure we don't deliver rubbish to the users. We're looking at this as a long term project so we really wanna get the foundation set as well as we can before sending it out there.

This may have been asked, sorry if it has, but will this be a free app once ready for the masses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This may have been asked, sorry if it has, but will this be a free app once ready for the masses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There will likely be a free version with certain limited features and a paid version with all feature. Having worked on the alpha-version of the product with Lee and the developer, I can honestly say that, even if it were $9.99 in the App Store, I would pay that much for it. Having a pocket-sized version of PoolMath with logging capabilities is well worth the fee. The developer has been working very hard on the product and knows that what he is creating with Lee is so important to so many; he deserves to be paid for his efforts.

It's going to be a great upgrade to TFP....

I'd be willing to pay $9.99 for the app as long as it is stable, full-featured and ad-free. I think you are smart to wait until the app is stable before releasing the $9.99 version. Nothing would turn users off faster than paying $9.99 for an app that has lots of bugs and/or is missing key features.

I am a software developer and would be willing to be a beta-tester and/or help out with any of the backend stuff (web services, email, database, etc.) for no charge if you need someone.

In the meantime, I will be waiting anxiously for the app. Is there an ETA?

Our focus at this point of development is to create a stable yet useful program that can be built upon in the future. Our goal isn't to sell you an App that you purchase and delete it in a month or two. We want PoolMath to be on all of your devices for years to come. At this point I do not wish to firmly commit to any price as we're simply not at that stage just yet.

To further back that up I will say this, at launch the App will be 100% free to use. Creating an App like this has been a HUGE undertaking, WAY more than I ever knew it would be. We'd be kidding ourselves if we didn't expect some issues to pop up. We'd be kidding ourselves if we said it's going to contain every option you've ever wanted. All of that is going to come with time. We want you to help us build the foundation for the App and until we're fully confident in its operation we'll pick up the bill.

In the future, some features will remain free to use, but others will require some payment to make sure all costs associated with keeping the app running and developing new features are covered. At this point we're not 100% sure of these details as we're putting our focus on getting the product into your hands.

Our focus at this point of development is to create a stable yet useful program that can be built upon in the future. Our goal isn't to sell you an App that you purchase and delete it in a month or two. We want PoolMath to be on all of your devices for years to come. At this point I do not wish to firmly commit to any price as we're simply not at that stage just yet.

To further back that up I will say this, at launch the App will be 100% free to use. Creating an App like this has been a HUGE undertaking, WAY more than I ever knew it would be. We'd be kidding ourselves if we didn't expect some issues to pop up. We'd be kidding ourselves if we said it's going to contain every option you've ever wanted. All of that is going to come with time. We want you to help us build the foundation for the App and until we're fully confident in its operation we'll pick up the bill.

In the future, some features will remain free to use, but others will require some payment to make sure all costs associated with keeping the app running and developing new features are covered. At this point we're not 100% sure of these details as we're putting our focus on getting the product into your hands.

Sounds pretty much like the path poollogger.com has taken too. I'm going to have a hard time deciding where to log once this app finally gets released. Poollogger.com has gotten much more advanced over the last year, after having launched with very basic logging capabilities.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK, who told Apple of the App? Guess somebody heard we were nearing the finish line and figured it was time to update. :)
image.jpg

A few final minor items left on Android to fix then all known issues will be addressed. :whoot::rockon::whoot::rockon::whoot:

Hmmm.....Android hackers are taking down the Apple Developer site in order to get back at you for making them wait for the PoolMath App by launching the iOS version first....such cry-babies....

Good job Lee!! This has been long time in the making and your development efforts have been huge. It has been a pleasure and an honor being one of the many beta-monkies testing the code for you and being tortured every week with new updates and bugs to tease out. You deserve every one of the free ice-cream cone coupons at Dairy Queen that you will get as a reward for your efforts!!

Not out yet. Code has to go through Apple release process which can take anywhere from 15 microseconds to 15 days....and, if anyone complains about it, Apple reserves the right to reject code for minor grammatical errors and/or incorrect use of the Oxford comma...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the model thought to be lifetime updates? Or subscription?

Good question. I'll leave that to Lee to speak to as he has a much more firm idea of how the app will play out over time.

And the code has been scrubbed for proper use of the Oxford comma....

Curious - will this be tied into our accounts here or online somewhere where we can look at the data over time?

If you are taking suggestions; I'd like to be able to track FC usage overtime to be able to tell when I need to up the percentage on the SWCG to better be able to dial it in. To take it a step further, I'd like to be able to look at last years chemical usage (Muriatic Acid PY compared to CY).

Just some ideas. Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.