Pool Math........The App

I LOVE dancing hamsters.

Will this be a free app or pay?

The current outlook is to have a "free version" with limited features available and a paid version with access to all features. The app developer we have been working with has put a lot of time and effort into building this app and he deserves compensation for his hard work. While TFP tries to keep costs as low as possible for pool owners, there are some things that you just have to pay money for and, in the grand scheme of things, dropping a few dollars on a app that will save you countless hours of time and frustration with your pool is well worth it.

Just the other day I used the beta version while testing my pool and it was so nice to be able to just plunk all of the data into the phone and have easy access to the chemical calculators. In the past I would have to write the data down on a slip of paper and then go inside to my Macbook and add the info to a spreadsheet while simultaneously using Safari to open up PoolMath and run some numbers....now, I just do it all on my phone....as the guy from the Men's Warehouse commercials says -

mensw.jpg

Someday we'll be able to do it automatically with sensors but right now that is costly.

Can't wait to buy this app!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

How about PoolMath running on a wearable with sensors imbedded into the band. :) Hey.......we can dream can't we????? Test while you swim.

I wish I could answer more questions however it would be irresponsible for me to comment too much just yet. The last thing I'd want to do is to tell ya one thing just to have it change. When I know something completely without a doubt to be true I'll pass it along. Last night the developer pushed a build to me that addressed all pool related issues we've found but one (stinking CSI!!!!!!). Additionally there are 5 or 6 Preformance issues that needs to be addressed.

That said.......how about a tease for Pool Service individuals. ;)
IMG_9023.jpg

Hey - location services plus wearable computing = making fun at how nasty your brother-in-law's pool is compared to yours ... and now you'd have proof!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is something I have been hoping for for quite a while! Thanks for putting the time and effort into developing it! I'll be extra busy testing for a while with new Pebble Sheen going in this week. I hated having to manually punch my numbers in to a spreadsheet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just joined today. Just finished he setup for an Intex 12' x 30" metal frame pool. Filled it up tonight and will start adding chemicals in the morning after an initial test. It's great that it looks like an app will be ready soon.

Any chance of making an API available to pull data out/push data in? I am a developer by trade and would love to add a raspberry pi sensor array to the pool and use this as a backend.

Just wrote the developer as this topic was over my head. Once it comes to automation....I'm clueless!

This sort of idea is something that the developer is interested in and something he too would like to use. Right now he's focusing his energy on getting out a basic build to get started with however this maybe an option in the future. We just need to make sure we're pushing for the basics plus a few other goals before moving on.

Just wrote the developer as this topic was over my head. Once it comes to automation....I'm clueless!

This sort of idea is something that the developer is interested in and something he too would like to use. Right now he's focusing his energy on getting out a basic build to get started with however this maybe an option in the future. We just need to make sure we're pushing for the basics plus a few other goals before moving on.

I'd be open to help out with the server side stuff. And if it's a hybrid app and not mobile could possibly help with that too

Not in the initial release. That will have to wait for a future update. Initially you'll be able to track that in a "notes" section with each daily log you create.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.