Advice on Comparing

Mar 27, 2017
NJ
Hi guys! So we are torn between a Caldera Vanto and a Hot Springs Rhythm with speakers. I know they are from the same manufacturer, but wanted to ask if One is better than the other. The second thing I wanted to ask is, are the speakers worth an additional $600? Thank you for all your help!

I can't comment on the spas. But, you can spend $200-300 on a single bluetooth speaker these days. If multiple dealers carry your spas, see if you can get a couple of different quotes. You might also consider any maintenance and/or replacement cost, e.g. fixing or replacing the speakers. Although it is often convenient to have things packaged, sometimes having discrete components is more maintainable/serviceable in the long run. For example, you could probably put $600 toward a nice sound system with a remote control, a little bit away from your Spa that might bring you similar enjoyment with less replacement/repair hassle.

Good luck!

-Mo.

It depends on why you want a hot tub, and how you plan to use it, I am perfectly happy with my 19 year old Hot Spring Jetsetter that I bought used a few years ago, it does almost everything the current Jetsetter does (has the original style moto-massage, not the DX), just lacks the bells and whistles, no color changing temperature display (just new enough to have digital display by 1 year), no speakers, no internet enabled controls, ... But when my back is aching I don't really care about that stuff.

p.s. I have about $2,000 invested in my tub, which includes purchase, and replacement of various worn parts, it has likely spent is entire life indoors and people never guess its age, a new Jetsetter is $9,500, plus mine was from the last year Hot Spring used real redwood exterior slats.

I wouldn't spend an extra dime on speakers. Especially with all the Bluetooth capabilities now days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.