LifeTime Supporter
Jan 4, 2016
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Well, the grandkids came over for the last hot day and we had a blast, but now there’s a snake in the skimmer with just his head and a bit of his neck poking out of the vacuum plate. It’s either a darkish Eastern Brown or maybe a Red-bellied Black, and he ain’t smiling. Doesn’t matter what he is, my fear is the same! I turned off the pump to see if it could wriggle out. No luck. I tried to remove the vacuum plate but lost my nerve. This varmint is making me mad, and I need an idea for getting him out.

Do you have a way to pump water or air into the skimmer line? That would pop the plate loose. Or you could bend a coat hanger into the appropriate shape to slide next to the snakes body and hook the plate from underneath.

Really? I thought you were serious, hence my reply, now deleted.

You mention Grandkids and a Brown in the same place, and here I was concerned about their safety. Genuinely concerned. Stupid me.

maaate sorry :( my bad.

Yeh thankfully everyone here knows about them, and yes, indeed especially the Eastern Browns which aren't as timid as people would like them to be. One of the worst things with the kids and pools here is funnel web spiders in the skimmer box. Despite a very strict rule never to stick your hand in there, and them knowing the nasties that could be there, I've caught the older boy on the 'dare ya' stuff, and both times led to pool closure for the day to send the message! But yeh, I like to check the skimmer before any swimming!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.